StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Bizarre Screens<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
edacly
28 posts
msg #116632
Ignore edacly
11/9/2013 3:16:50 PM

I was definitely logged into Stockfetcher. And I do not reason that catched results were being returned because the format for display of returned results completely changed over night, i.e. anything catched would have been in the preexisting format.

Its a mystery to me why the format for the display results have changed to something quite different from before last Thursday. I could have very well changed the default option somehow in settings, or elsewhere, but have no recollection of accidentally doing so.

And it still looks to me as if Stockfetcher is not returning accurate field values in the displays. Bear in mind that when saying so, I am compating apples to apples. That is, I look at the weekly display of the field values in Stockcharts and find that Stockcharts displays do not agree with what I expect are the weekly results of field values in Stockcharts.

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #116633
11/9/2013 3:18:41 PM

Please see our prior message. If you can post the filter you ran, that would help us understand the issue you are experiencing.

StockFetcher Support

edacly
28 posts
msg #116634
Ignore edacly
11/9/2013 3:19:16 PM

OK, here if the filter text:

fast stochastic(15,3) fast %k crossed above 49

and weekly cci(20) above -900
and cma(weekly cci(20),03) above -900
and weekly cci(10) above -900
and cma(weekly cci(10),03) above -900

and close above 1
and average volume above 25000
and date offset 0

and chart display is weekly

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #116635
11/9/2013 3:26:07 PM

Thank you for the details. Please retry your filter and let us know if the values appear to be a closer match to what you are expecting. It appeared there was a conflict from some of the daily measures on your weekly chart.

Thank you,

StockFetcher Support

edacly
28 posts
msg #116637
Ignore edacly
11/9/2013 3:47:25 PM

Retried and still am a bit confused between the conflict between daily and weekly values.

Beyond that, the display date at the top for AAV is 2013-11-14, for AEL 2013-05-20, and for ACI 2013-05-20. However, all seem to be delivering current data.

On a quick pass the weekly data displays seem to now be syncing out better but that is a first pass because the current Stockfetcher format is so spread out, whereas the Stockcharts display is more compressed. So for now, lets call this a case closed.

The next big issue for me is why I am getting the different format since prior to last Thursday. Do you recognize this new format ? Is it a flash chart ? Can I get Stockcharts to deliver the same weekly display format that was returned before last Thursday ? Can you advise me how I get back to that format prior to last Thursday ?

Thanks

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #116638
11/9/2013 4:19:44 PM

The date reported at the top of the chart is based on your mouse location on the chart. So if you have moved your mouse across the chart, the displayed date/quote will change to reflect the position of your mouse. The last bar on the chart should be based on the most recent data available.

StockFetcher Support

edacly
28 posts
msg #116639
Ignore edacly
11/9/2013 4:29:10 PM

Great. Thanks

How do I get Stockfetcher to give the same chart formats it returned before last Thursday ?

Or, is that no longer possible ?

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #116641
11/9/2013 4:37:18 PM

Glad that explained the date at the top of the chart.

As far as the chart format, we have transitioned from the older "flash" and "gif" charts, to the new HTML5 charts. The new format will allow for better display as well as support additional functionality.

If there are specific aspects of the HTML5 charts you do not like or do not seem to be working right, please let us know!

Thank you,

StockFetcher Support

edacly
28 posts
msg #116643
Ignore edacly
11/9/2013 8:04:17 PM

My initial reaction might be that a better display could be a subjective decision. In my brief viewing of the newer format, there is enough difference from the older format that it would be difficult to make suggestions for the newer format other than to bring back the old format..

The way I use Stockfetcher, the newer format from my brief experience looks more cumbersome than the old format. Obviously since the newer format has become the product standard, the majority of Stockfetcher users would disagree with my initial reaction.

So my first response might be that it would be nice to give Stockfetcher users the option to select either the newer, or the older format. That may not be possible with Stockfetcher stands now, but at least one user would find that selectable option a very desirable feature.

edacly
28 posts
msg #116651
Ignore edacly
11/10/2013 3:14:10 PM

Using the old display format, the stock symbol could be modified in order to see the display for a symbol that was not the result of the execution of a filter.

On the new format, the stock symbol does not appear to be modifiable.

Is there now a way with the new format I can get a display for my settings for a stock symbol that is not shown as the result of the execution of a filter ?

Thanks

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Bizarre Screens<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.