StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Just a Heads Up lll<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 >>Post Follow-up
EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #38666
Ignore EWZuber
11/2/2005 3:17:59 AM

HEC looking about ready for a move. Watching to see if Trendline Support holds at $0.55 or if Trendline Resistance is broken at $0.57.

GV testing Trendline Support at ~$0.87. Looks good as long as support holds.

CPST on a break above $2.72.

XOMA on a close above $1.74.
JMHO

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #38690
Ignore EWZuber
11/3/2005 4:42:38 PM

HEC up +8.7%
GV has not yet triggered a buy signal.
CPST triggered a buy at $2.73 yesterday and a sell at $2.82 this morning for +3.3%.
XOMA has not yet triggered a buy signal.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #38695
Ignore EWZuber
11/4/2005 2:57:01 AM

I like EGHT here. It has potential. If it holds pattern support at ~$1.70 then I suspect it heads substantially higher in the short term.

Watching FONR for a close above $1.06.

RNDC has potential also. Would like to see it close above the 25 DMA @ $2.16.
JMHO

riggs
313 posts
msg #38697
Ignore riggs
11/4/2005 3:25:04 AM

EWZUBER -

You've made some great calls on a few of these now. Is there a filter YOU use for finding some of these hidden gems? I don't play pennies often, but my partner is killing it right now and quite frankly, I'm a little jealous. Any info would be appreciated, and nice job BTW!

RIGGS

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #38702
Ignore EWZuber
11/4/2005 11:49:22 AM

riggs,thanks. I use a system that looks at slow stochastics in several time frames. SF will only screen for two so I have to screen for the rest manually and add charting of trendlines and MA's.
Typically I want to see the Monthly Chart stochastics in an accumulation phase or at thevery least the fast & slow lines converged in an oversold condition. Same with Weekly and Daily Charts. I call it the Convergent Stochastic Theory. The idea is that when stochastic waves of several time frames align in accumulation phases there is a tremendous synergy that drives the stock higher. At certain times this causes distribution to become nil.
Since SF does not offer Monthly or Quarterly Chart screening I have to screen for that manually.
Here's a couple filters I use;

Show stocks where weekly slow stochastics(5,3) Fast %K is below 25 and chart is Weekly and slow stochastics(5,3) Fast %K is below 25 and the close is greater than the close 1 day ago and average volume(90) is greater than 100,000 and price is between 1 and 15.
(This filter attempts to find stocks that are oversold on the Weekly Chart and are just beginning a new accumulation phase in that time frame)
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Show stocks where Weekly Slow Stochastic(5,3) Fast %K crossed above Weekly Slow Stochastic(5,3) Slow %D within the last 2 Weeks and Weekly Slow Stochastic(5,3) Fast %K is below 50 and Slow Stochastics(5,3) Fast %K crossed above Slow Stochastics Slow %D within the past 1 day and Average Volume(30) is above 100,000 and Volume is above 100,000 and the close is between .5 and 15.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
(This next one is a momentum filter using stochastics to find a good entry in a high flyer when the market is bullish.)

FIND STOCKS WHERE WEEKLY SLOW STOCHASTICS(5,3) FAST %K IS INCREASING AND CHART IS WEEKLY AND SLOW STOCHASTICS(5,3)FAST %K IS LESS THAN 50 AND CLOSE IS NEAR 20 DAY HIGH AND CLOSE IS BELOW 20 DAY HIGH AND SLOW STOCHASTICS(5,3) FAST %K IS INCREASING AND PRICE IS BETWEEN .5 AND 150 AND VOLUME(30) IS ABOVE 100,000 AND VOLUME IS ABOVE 100,000.

riggs
313 posts
msg #38703
Ignore riggs
11/4/2005 12:08:44 PM

EWZUBER -

Impressive. Very impressive. I'm a weekly STO(5,3)guy myself, so this should be interesting to say the least. Thanx for the "heads up", and the screens Zuber!

RIGGS

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #38704
Ignore EWZuber
11/4/2005 2:54:04 PM

riggs,you're welcome. To get abetter idea of the real potential here open up 3 charts. One, a 2 year Monthly Chart, a 2 year Weekly Chart, and the last a 2 year Daily Chart.
Look carefully at how the long term accumulation phase on the Monthly Chart affects the shorter term accumulation and distribution phases on the Weekly and Daily Charts. When Monthly and Weekly are in accumulation,for example, you will typically find that not only are the accumulation phases on the Daily Chart longer (stochastics will typically oscillate in an overbought condition) but the distribution phases are shallow and very short in duration.
Same with Weekly Charts.
This system can be extended to include Quarterly and Yearly Charts and shorter term intraday stuff like Hourly and 5 minute Charts.
Stochastic cycles and their phase relationships act very much like AC waveforms. When the phases are 180 degrees out of phase ( one waveform is at a cycle low while the other is at a cycle peak) you get a complete cancelation of the waveform. When the waveforms align in phase they become additive.
This can be experienced to a degree by connecting your speakers on your stereo out of phase then taking a mono signal source and stand in the center between the speakers. The sound will become very muted.(cancellation will not be complete because the room is not anechoic). Switch them back into phase and it will become much louder.

JohnyYuma
60 posts
msg #38713
Ignore JohnyYuma
11/5/2005 1:56:38 PM

EWZuber
1 question
How do I open up 3 different charts in stockfetcher with three different timeframes for the same security, at the same time - something like a Gallery view at stockcharts.com
I do not believe I can do that in Stockfetcher
Let me know
Appreciate your help
Thanks

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #38719
Ignore TheRumpledOne
11/6/2005 1:40:01 AM

Fetcher[
WEEKLY accumulation distribution EQUAL WEEKLY accumulation distribution 52 WEEK LOW

add column accumulation distribution
]

So simple... just WAIT FOR GREEN.

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #38753
Ignore EWZuber
11/7/2005 12:39:41 AM

JohnyYuma
I use BigCharts.com with three seperate browser windows.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Just a Heads Up lll<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.