StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Show stocks & apply to watch list not working<< >>Post Follow-up
benjamine_df
7 posts
msg #95226
Ignore benjamine_df
7/29/2010 12:28:21 PM

My filter which has Show stocks & apply to watch list was working all this time, today it stopped working all of a suden. when i tried to debug, i get the error "Error: Syntax error in filter.". It looks like something recently released has affected this. I don't see any official ancounecment that there is a problem. SF team, can you look into this?

query
-------
Show stocks
apply to watch list (ToBuy)

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #95231
7/29/2010 1:05:10 PM

Please review the syntax for "apply to watchlist()".

Help Topic

In your example you have "watch list" (as two words.) It should be: "apply to watchlist(ToBuy)"

StockFetcher.com Support

benjamine_df
7 posts
msg #95245
Ignore benjamine_df
7/29/2010 3:43:51 PM

This was working until yesterday today it is not working. I am sure something is changed on the site. I understand you are doing some improvements, if you could let us know what changed it will be helpful

This worked yesterday
Show stocks
apply to watch list (ToBuy)

1) switching to watchlist alone did not fix. below did not work.
Show stocks
apply to watchlist (ToBuy)

2) Adding a where fixed the issue
Show stocks where

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #95246
7/29/2010 4:15:57 PM

We have not made any recent changes which would have modified how this phrase works; however, we would be sure to post updates concerning any change that might have altered how your filter would work.

Additionally, when we copy and paste your first example (with watchlist as a single word):

Show stocks

We do see the same matches as your second example.

If possible, are there any more details you can provide? For example, are you running this as a saved filter, or are there additional commands within the filter where you used this syntax?

Unfortunately the "watch list" (two words) has never been supported syntax; so the output using that command may not have been predictable.

StockFetcher.com Support

benjamine_df
7 posts
msg #95252
Ignore benjamine_df
7/29/2010 9:13:11 PM

Yes I am running from saved filters under "My filters". Yes, there are additional parts in the query, but using debug I found it really complains only the show stocks and watch list part of query.

benjamine_df
7 posts
msg #95255
Ignore benjamine_df
7/29/2010 9:41:06 PM

I also noticed that when I edit filters and then run the filter, it does not give any results back.
/stockdb/fetcher - this does not work.

But the filters works in /ui2/sffilter2.php

Hope this helps to resolve the issue.

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #95256
7/29/2010 10:09:47 PM

If possible, can you provide specific steps to recreate the problem that you mention? Additionally, feel free to email us at support@stockfetcher.com with any details.

StockFetcher.com Support

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Show stocks & apply to watch list not working<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.