StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Intraday Trend Watch: S&P 500<< 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 30 >>Post Follow-up
karennma
8,057 posts
msg #62028
Ignore karennma
5/1/2008 7:26:37 PM

Shorts beware!
Note Time Knight's warning:
"please consider the graph below a HUGE warning sign; the risk of a breakout is very, very real, and it would be devastating for the bears."

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #62031
Ignore nikoschopen
5/1/2008 9:11:17 PM

I dunno, Karen. I hardly ever follow Tim's blog but when a self-professed permabear like him breaks out in sweat and implores for mercy, I guess ya gotta listen! Personally, I ain't given up on the bear market scenario just yet but I might need to reconsider if this market don't fall anytime soon.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #62033
Ignore karennma
5/1/2008 9:31:56 PM

In response to T.K. being a "permabear" ...

"I'm on the side of profits. I'm on the side of minimizing losses. No one is going to pay me to be a permabear."

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #62035
Ignore karennma
5/1/2008 9:34:29 PM

Honestly, after I saw the DOW break 13,000, I knew I was finished.
I made a grave miscalculation, and my loss is irrecoverable.
I'm done.
I don't know how the Fed did it, but they did.
Good luck!

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #62044
Ignore nikoschopen
5/2/2008 1:59:36 AM

Honestly, Karen, there's something gawdawful suspicious about the current move. Unlike any other inverted head and shoulders pattern, this one in particular not only stares right out at you, it practically roars with its fangs bared. I mean, c'mon, ya just can't miss it. And in this day and age, who isn't familiar with H&S? So with everyone watching the same thang, just what are the odds that this inverted H&S will pan out? I'm willing to be a contrarian and bet that the big institutional A-holes with the blessing from the Fed will screw the public.

Of course, these are merely my own opinion. Moreover, I cannot emphasize enough the importance of using stops. Only those who strictly adhere to the Darwinian principle of the survival of the fittest will stick around just long enough to trade.yet another day. Being able to survive and staying fit ain't exactly my motto but being alive to see another day is.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #62047
Ignore karennma
5/2/2008 7:26:59 AM

Well, I must be blind ..
I never saw an inverted H&S on the DOW.
Still don't ...
But for me, it's water under the bridge now.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #62049
Ignore nikoschopen
5/2/2008 9:22:23 AM

Well, who knew the market can be so easily persuaded on "bad, but-not-that-bad" factors. I always thought the damn market moved from one extreme to another. Go figure. One thing that's constantly flashing across my radar, however, is that the volume is quite low for a breakout, if there ever was one. What used to smell fishy now smells like outright crap!

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #62050
Ignore karennma
5/2/2008 9:29:02 AM

This whole things smells worse than "fishy" .. it STINKS!
This is just a repeat of last year.
When I saw the headline this morning: "Unemployment at record 4-year high" .. I thought .. okay, another market rally on bad news.
I'm done with all this BS.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #62052
Ignore karennma
5/2/2008 9:37:21 AM

I haven't forgotten 2000-2003 either.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #62055
Ignore nikoschopen
5/2/2008 10:27:28 AM

Karen, do you remember when we were furiously debating about whether CROX was a fad or not? Well, it turned out to be one, but the real point is that the general markets for the most part also act like fads and fads don't go out of fashion overnight.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Intraday Trend Watch: S&P 500<< 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 30 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.