StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · question on fundamental data fields<< >>Post Follow-up
hscott
34 posts
msg #51568
Ignore hscott
5/13/2007 10:56:14 AM

I am very happy to have this new option. But in playing around with filters it seems that it can only access current fundamental data. In other words if you ask for "ROE 60 days ago" you will get the same number as you get for today. So backtesting a filter using this data seems to be a nogo. Is that because the data is just not updated often?

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #51572
5/13/2007 6:10:34 PM

Hi,

At the current time, StockFetcher only supports current fundamental data values. We do not support historical values at this time.

StockFetcher.com Support

danv83
44 posts
msg #54572
Ignore danv83
9/5/2007 12:10:37 AM

how does this effect backtesting??

hscott
34 posts
msg #54574
Ignore hscott
9/5/2007 8:08:57 AM

It affects backtesting because the values of these fields can change with time. So if you have a filter that you wish to backtest over, say, the last year then you want the value of the fundamental field starting a year ago, not the value today.

danv83
44 posts
msg #54583
Ignore danv83
modified
9/5/2007 1:18:38 PM

that i understand, i should have been clear.
what i am wondering is if i search for stock say with eps >1
and i am backtesting in 2003 - am i not backtesting 2003 eps data - or am i, or am i just referencing the 2007 data?
i understand the fundamental data is not intraday - but is it not yearly as well?

hscott
34 posts
msg #54601
Ignore hscott
9/6/2007 8:10:10 AM

As far as I understand you can only access the current value of such a field. If you find out differently let me know because I would also love to have the historical data available.

danv83
44 posts
msg #54611
Ignore danv83
9/6/2007 6:36:19 PM

dear stockfetcher - when can we have historical fundamentals?

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · question on fundamental data fields<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.