StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · wrong historical data?<< >>Post Follow-up
lummy8
10 posts
msg #121146
Ignore lummy8
7/28/2014 1:05:23 PM

For the stock Agilent Technologies (symbol A), on 11-Mar-2014, the close price is 56.86 from freestockcharts.com, 56.86 from yahoo finance, 56.59 from yahoo finance adjusted price, but the data from stockfetcher 2.0 is 53.29, so i wonder if SF data is correct?

Anyone experience such discrepancies?

thanks!!

four
5,087 posts
msg #121152
Ignore four
7/28/2014 8:28:47 PM

For StockFetcher:

EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data

http://www.ddfplus.com/
http://www.csidata.com/

Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

http://www.ddfplus.com/

- - -

Perhaps the data feed is important...

Longhaily
61 posts
msg #121168
Ignore Longhaily
7/29/2014 11:31:41 AM

Yes, I experienced INCORRECT data , too.

My Screen won't pick up GOOD data until 3 days LATER !

We WON'T BE able to make any profit if we don't have GOOD / ACCURATE / QUICKLY UPDATED data on the same day as the data came out.

Would we joint together on this post to ask SF for AN ADDITIONAL OPTION / CHOICE to have a higher tier ACCURATE , QUICKLY updated data for a HIGHER MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION .

I would as I COULD NOT win these battles WITHOUT GOOD and ONTIME data .

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #121170
7/29/2014 11:39:45 AM

If possible can you provide more details concerning the data issues you have experienced or are currently experiencing?

Thank you in advance,
StockFetcher Support

Longhaily
61 posts
msg #121207
Ignore Longhaily
7/31/2014 8:09:50 AM

This article from Capitol Report indicates part of the reasons we did not NOT get good accurate data until much later:

Stock exchanges sued over high-frequency trading
June 7, 2014, 3:18 PM ET
SHARE:MORE EmailPrint
A class-action complaint alleges the New York Stock Exchange, Nasdaq and other exchanges provided market data earlier to high-frequency traders while sending other investors “stale” information, according to

Bloomberg/file 2012Traders at the InterContinentalExchange Inc. (ICE) booth on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange.
“This case is about broken promises…Exchange Defendants deprived the Subscribers of the fundamental benefit of their Contracts, i.e., fair access to valid data,” the court filing reads. The complaint says that the exchanges “enriched themselves” by getting data to preferred customers before it was sent to others.

“The data…is still en route from the Exchanges to the Processor long after the Preferred Data Customers have received, and acted on, the information to their advantage. On average, the data is received by the Processor approximately 1,499 microseconds after the Preferred Data Customers receive it,” the filing reads.

The suit, reported Friday by The Guardian, was filed in May in the Southern District of New York. One of the plaintiff lawyers is Michael Lewis, a key player in the Big Tobacco suits that led to billions of dollars being paid to the states.

High-frequency trading has grabbed headlines recently thanks to the book “Flash Boys: A Wall Street Revolt” by author Michael Lewis (not the lawyer). Earlier this month, the Securities and Exchange Commission unveiled sweeping proposals that would cover high-frequency traders.

–Ruth Mantell

Follow Ruth on Twitter @RuthMantell
Follow the Capitol Report blog on Twitter @CapitolReport

Check out these Capitol Reports:
U.S. needs more good-paying jobs, not just more jobs
Liquidnet CEO says half of dark-pool volume could vanish if SEC adopts reforms

high-frequency trading, Michael Lewis

Longhaily
61 posts
msg #121208
Ignore Longhaily
7/31/2014 8:12:08 AM

I am trying to nail the discrepancies of data over different time frames in my screen search and will show them to you later.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · wrong historical data?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.