StockFetcher Forums · Announcements · Intraday Updates<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up
Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #86347
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
1/15/2010 8:48:28 AM

Honestly, I have yet to see any added features or improvements announced in the year or so that I have been a member.

I no longer think that there is anyone working on this, but rather it is in cash cow mode. Personally I really like what can be done with SF - it has completely changed my trading strategies for the better - but if there is no actions taken based on numerous customer requests for data expansion (a trivial thing to set up with their provider), then there is little chance of seeing any real growth here.

I would suggest that SFstop working on SF 2.0 and add fuinctionality to the basic filters, data sets, and graphs.

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #86349
1/15/2010 8:55:35 AM

Thank you for the feedback and comments.

First, concerning real-time data, at this time we do not have plans to add support for real-time data. While we certainly agree that certain trading strategies and approaches would benefit from this data; the primary focus of StockFetcher is on end-of-day screening and charting. Again, we appreciate your comments and feedback on this issue.

Next, with respect StockFetcher development, while we have not recently posted any major updates or features, we are always working on improving StockFetcher, either in minor updates or "behind-the-scenes" upgrades. As always, please let us know if you have any specific features or upgrades that you would like to see.

StockFetcher.com Support

duke56468
683 posts
msg #86377
Ignore duke56468
1/15/2010 3:36:18 PM

How about an educational video to help us learn what SF can do more quickly than the trial and error method.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #102654
Ignore karennma
9/22/2011 10:01:44 AM

Hey guys,
your stuff is NOT 20 min. delayed.
What 's up with that?

ramtrader
6 posts
msg #102699
Ignore ramtrader
modified
9/24/2011 4:43:56 PM

As you can see from all the comments from different users, one of the main enhancement needed was to get intraday data scans. If you were to take a poll today, that will be highest requested feature for your service.

I am curious to see, why is there so much resistance to provide such service? I am sure many would love to pay more for intraday scans.

Thank you,
R

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #102754
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/28/2011 5:20:54 PM

ramtrader:

It probably has more to do with the implementation than lack of desire to provide the service.

I would be happy if I could get WEEKLY OPEN PRICE. Of course, YTD info would be great, too!!

sohailmithani
192 posts
msg #104303
Ignore sohailmithani
1/9/2012 4:31:03 PM

Hi SF,

Just wanted to know if you had plans to add new features to SF.
Real-time data and unlimited # of open positions when backtesting are two I am looking for. It would also be nice if we can automate trades based on filters defined someting what "Prodigio" is capable of.

matt52157
4 posts
msg #114446
Ignore matt52157
7/13/2013 11:16:27 AM

Even though an intraday screening would be amazing I still love stockfetcher for my swing trades.
Anyone looking for a one time fee daytrading scanner, STOCKVISION-POWERSCAN is awesome.

duke56468
683 posts
msg #114451
Ignore duke56468
7/13/2013 8:54:35 PM

@ matt52157 would you care to share how you best use Stockvision. There are some members here that also have Stockvision. I personally have not profited from it.

matt52157
4 posts
msg #114459
Ignore matt52157
7/14/2013 11:50:22 AM

here's the one I use every day on the 60, 30, and 15 min time frames. then I will pull the trigger on the 5 min when the 10ma crosses above the 20ma and pulls back and the ma holds it. Then I want to see a green candle take out the ma touch. if it goes through the ma ill monitor it . I'm always ready to pull the stop trigger if I take a trade and it goes against me.

I monitor the 2min and 5min spy like a hawk

I dont really trade the first hour. I know theres alot of action for daytraders there, I just choose not to trade it.

I use the red/green bars, I want to see 5 red bars then one green
I use volume change, I want to see a volume increase on the green bar
I use price/ volume, $20- $200 500k ave vol
I use slow stochastic, I want it oversold
I use, gain/loss from close, I want to see an increase over one of the last 3 days.

the 5 bar drop must be the beginning of a nice V shape for me. On the 60min if theres a gap and the beginning V shape doesnt look good to me ill just pass that one.

I like to see big drops on the 5 red bar drop or ill just bypass it. Im looking for 25 to 50 cent profits.
surprisingly ive had plenty of runners where I made 1 to 2 dollars. those are just bonuses I didnt expect.

hope that helps

StockFetcher Forums · Announcements · Intraday Updates<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.