StockFetcher Forums · Announcements · New Feature: Global Filter and Organizing Custom Filters<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #38636
11/1/2005 6:20:01 AM

The "apply to watchlist" should do what you want:

http://www.stockfetcher.com/?p=wls&q=help

-----
Can I create StockFetcher filters using only Symbols from my Watch List(s)?

Yes, by using the apply to watchlist phrase and the nicknames you have defined for your watch lists.

For example, if the nickname for one of your lists is LongShots, then a sample filter using stocks from that list would be:

show stocks where MA(10) crossed above the MA(50)
and apply to watchlist(LongShots)

To filter using mutiple lists at once, simply separate the nicknames through commas:

show stocks where MA(10) crossed above the MA(50)
and apply to watchlist(LongShots,HotPicks)

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #38640
Ignore alf44
11/1/2005 12:55:04 PM

COOL !!!

So I create a Watch List and name it accordingly...

...then I create a filter that defines the characteristics of stocks I'd like to focus on and put in that Watch List...

...I run this filter...

...I then add ALL the returned stocks from this filter to this NEW Watch List...

...now I just include the phrase "apply to watchlist(NEW Watch List)" in ANY filter I have in "My Filters" and BINGO !

Thanks SF...very Cool !

I thought there must be a way to do this and it was right there in the Help Section all along. I've read that Help Section a few times but I'd never noticed that before.

My apologies also to "yaotiande". Thanks for your reply. You were telling me how to do what I was asking and I didn't even realize it.

Regards,

alf44

yaotiande
32 posts
msg #38644
Ignore yaotiande
11/1/2005 6:04:19 PM

Chill out, alf44.

Just add the line "and apply to watchlist(<name of your watchlist>)" to your filter and you'll see what I mean.

This command is not going to do you any good if you want some filter results to go into a watchlist.

This command actually apply your filter to that particular watchlist which contains the stocks you want to focus on.

By the way, you need to create this watchlist first before you can apply your filter.

You need to stop bashing people before you do your home work. I have been using this command for quite a few months now.

yaotiande

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #38646
Ignore alf44
11/1/2005 7:42:55 PM

"Chill out" ??? ... "Stop bashing people" ???

Perhaps you didn't read my last post on this topic !

Perhaps you didn't see my "apology" to you...as well as my "Thanks" !

Perhaps YOU need to "chill out" !!!

Regards,

alf44

yaotiande
32 posts
msg #38668
Ignore yaotiande
11/2/2005 8:52:23 AM

My dear alf44,

"Chill out" ??? ... "Stop bashing people" ???

Maybe I didn't read your last post on this topic !

Maybe I didn't see your "apology" to me...as well as your "Thanks" !

Maybe YOU still need to "chill out" !!!

Maybe I should kill and then say OOPS !

Maybe,

Ah, why bother!

Have a nice day.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #38672
Ignore alf44
11/2/2005 9:21:51 AM

Jeeez...where DO these people come from ?

Amazing...just freaking amazing !

riggs
313 posts
msg #38698
Ignore riggs
11/4/2005 3:40:20 AM

The guy says "chill out" and that's bashing people? I am now convinced You are by far the most insecure crybaby on the net! He was trying to help you ya "Barney." You ALF should take some of your OWN medicine, for you are the BIGGEST basher this site has!

Geese louise....

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #49079
Ignore TheRumpledOne
1/9/2007 8:23:21 AM

THIS DOESN'T SEEM TO BE WORKING - THE SCREEN IS BACK TO THE OLD WAY!

tomb
267 posts
msg #49080
Ignore tomb
1/9/2007 8:27:52 AM

Hi,

If possible, can you elaborate on what is not working?

Tom
StockFetcher.com Support

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #49104
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
1/10/2007 1:56:46 AM

I followed the instructions on the first post and do NOT see the button I am supposed to click.

I wanted to save all of my filters to disk.

StockFetcher Forums · Announcements · New Feature: Global Filter and Organizing Custom Filters<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.