StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · 10 day low<< >>Post Follow-up
miketranz
956 posts
msg #122507
Ignore miketranz
1/11/2015 9:57:24 AM

If the SPY makes a 10 day low and the amount of stocks that come up on the filter is 1200+,what's the percentage of times the market will go up the following 1-7 days,using a 1 year back test.Also,what would be the optimum short term hold in days.Thanks,Miketranz........

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #122522
Ignore Eman93
modified
1/15/2015 12:46:13 AM

Mike this is what I have been wanting for years here, this could be something revolutionary SF could create.

All I want is a simple plot of the number of stocks MY FILTER returned over 3 years, hey that would be a nice start.

The back test app is doing the calculations and running the filter over the time period any way, just add a few lines of code and get to spit out the date and number of hits., it doesn't seem like a big deal. hell I will take a simple report: Date and number of hits.

Just think you can make you own custom market indicator, just scanning for stocks is only part of trading.. think McClellan summation. now that would be very analytical.

I have a few filters and if they get an unusual number of hits I know its going to be a nice general market move.

miketranz
956 posts
msg #122524
Ignore miketranz
1/15/2015 8:56:38 AM

Eman,yes,we're on the same page.I'm just trying to run a set of market conditions,to see whether the stats are profitable,and to what percent profitable the following days.I've seen this pattern work consistently.I just want to know what the real numbers are.Are there any sites on the web where you can input this kind of data? Maybe Kevin can shed some kind of light on this.Thanks,Miketranz...

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #122531
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
1/15/2015 1:47:28 PM

A lot of it depends on what type of filter you are using, and the market to which it is applied. For example, if one looks at a 10 day low in the SPY I would probably use only the S&P 500 stocks, or perhaps extend it to the Russell 2000, and not look at penny stocks.

Stratasearch has a function that could work here - numtotal(). It counts the number of stocks within a defined set like the S&P500 that have met a specific criterion, and can be used in filters. Example - you might want the percentage of S&P500 stocks that closed below their lower Bollinger band(20,2) to be part of a filter's entry criteria, so it would look like

numtotal("S&P-500", close < lbb(close,20,2))/numtotal("S&P-500", close > 0.01)

miketranz
956 posts
msg #122535
Ignore miketranz
1/16/2015 8:52:59 AM

Can a 10 day low indicator be incorporated into a SPY chart w/number of stocks that hit the filter.I'm basically trying to find a short term low reversal swing trade.What works well is the Connors all in one,just trying to tweek it a bit if possible.Thanks again,Mike...

four
5,087 posts
msg #122536
Ignore four
modified
1/16/2015 1:43:48 PM

http://www.crestmontresearch.com/docs/Stock-Yo-Yo.pdf

PERCENTAGE POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE DAYS ACROSS VARIOUS PERIODS: S&P 500 INDEX

--- ---

http://prototypes.stockmapper.com/NYXtrac.html

Found this... ?? Click on the "box" to change to the item listed. Boxes are at the top of the page and act like buttons.

up and down

miketranz
956 posts
msg #122541
Ignore miketranz
1/17/2015 8:52:07 AM

Thanks for all the help,appreciate it.Miketranz...

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #122552
Ignore Eman93
modified
1/18/2015 10:10:38 PM

Kevin_in_GA
3,411 posts
msg #122531
- Ignore Kevin_in_GA 1/15/2015 1:47:28 PM

A lot of it depends on what type of filter you are using, and the market to which it is applied. For example, if one looks at a 10 day low in the SPY I would probably use only the S&P 500 stocks, or perhaps extend it to the Russell 2000, and not look at penny stocks.

Stratasearch has a function that could work here - numtotal(). It counts the number of stocks within a defined set like the S&P500 that have met a specific criterion, and can be used in filters. Example - you might want the percentage of S&P500 stocks that closed below their lower Bollinger band(20,2) to be part of a filter's entry criteria, so it would look like
numtotal("S&P-500", close < lbb(close,20,2))/numtotal("S&P-500", close > 0.01)

================================================================================
If thats the case we can all be rich!
I will check it out

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · 10 day low<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.