StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · 5% A WEEK FILTER (BASED ON TRO'S CROCK POT)<< 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 37 >>Post Follow-up
papagatorga
124 posts
msg #91053
Ignore papagatorga
4/11/2010 7:40:13 PM

What has happened. No postings since 3/29. That happened to be the day I found this filter and was so excited with all I read.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #91054
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
4/11/2010 8:35:51 PM

I do go on vacation, you know. Family trip to Disney World over the past week.

You can simply run the filter in the first post in this thread. It will tell you which stocks have been statistically able to hit the 5% target each week. No need for me to post the results each weekend - just run the filter and decide which on which ones you are interested in (look at charts, fundamentals, timing for earnings reports, etc).

Radiomuse
288 posts
msg #91078
Ignore Radiomuse
4/12/2010 9:16:32 AM

I use a slightly modified filter, but I'm looking at PMI, LLEN, RDN, SRZ and MTG this week.

LebowskiUrbanAchievers
56 posts
msg #91126
Ignore LebowskiUrbanAchievers
4/13/2010 8:46:40 AM

Radio, PMI is what I am in as it was one of the 2 I was looking at. CPE was on the filter for this week and it went up 8% yesterday. My capital constraints kept me out.

Radiomuse
288 posts
msg #91133
Ignore Radiomuse
4/13/2010 10:34:17 AM

RDN and MTG are the only 2 I ended up getting into - RDN is about flat and MTG up about 1%.

papagatorga
124 posts
msg #91184
Ignore papagatorga
4/14/2010 5:08:36 PM

Kevin, I wasn't complaining. Did exactly what you said, run the filter and chose my stocks. Just wondered if this forum had been shut down. Thanks for your work and effort. PS, I've invested twice, lost both times. First time set a stop loss, it was triggered, then the next day I would have gotten my 5%. Second trade hit my stop loss also. I have had too many large losses so I am afraid to trade w/o a stop loss. I know I know FEAR and GREED. FEAR is also troubling me with Market at Open orders.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #91198
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
4/14/2010 9:35:19 PM

No problem - often my slightly sardonic comments fail to fully translate into posts.

This approach, based solely on past probabilities of hitting a target, does not guarantee anything. In some ways as the frequency of 5% hits keep going, the likelihood of a miss must increase (the hitting streak always ends sometime).

The statistics I posted in the first post were based on only trading the top ranked stock - no further analysis used.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #91203
Ignore chetron
4/15/2010 6:55:04 AM

kev, if statistics have any validity, with each passing hit should be increasing the likelihood of it happening again, not that it will fail.

being due is a fallacy.

hth

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #91205
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
4/15/2010 8:31:01 AM

My thinking on this is based on observation of "streaks" - the baseball player who has hit at every at bat for the last twenty times is pushing the historical statistics of continuing said streak.

In some ways it depends on which way you look at it - is each week a coin flip where the likelihood of continued heads decreases over time, or it it more like when Michael Jordan gets to the line for a foul shot (where his historical likelihood of making the shot is a pretty solid indicator of how he'll do this time)?

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #91206
Ignore chetron
modified
4/15/2010 8:56:04 AM

or maybe he is just getting better???????

with steriods maybe = )

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · 5% A WEEK FILTER (BASED ON TRO'S CROCK POT)<< 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 37 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.