StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · 5 weeks up in a row<< >>Post Follow-up
glgene
613 posts
msg #59730
Ignore glgene
2/17/2008 8:20:56 AM

I need a little help. I think I know how to filter for most of my needs in this particular script, but I don't know how to say this:

stock is up 5 weeks in a row.
Display weekly chart

Could someone lend me a hand with the above 2 lines? Thanks.

glgene
613 posts
msg #59734
Ignore glgene
2/17/2008 11:00:43 AM

Here is what I've got so far. I'm getting an error on Line 1

Price has been increasing the last 5 weeks
display weekly chart
draw ma(20)
draw rsi(14)
draw macd(12,26,9)

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #59737
Ignore nikoschopen
2/17/2008 2:49:58 PM

It was actually the second line that was the real culprit. Here are the correct codes according to the script.

Fetcher[
Price has been increasing the last 5 weeks
and chart-display is weekly
draw ma(20)
draw rsi(14)
draw macd(12,26,9)
]

glgene
613 posts
msg #59738
Ignore glgene
2/17/2008 4:12:53 PM

Thanks, Niko.

I went to an MTA meeting last Thursday, and they covered this rule:

"Sell on a 3- to 5- week runup if the close is quite a distance above the 20-day SMA. Use a weekly chart." There was no objective definition of "quite a distance."

Vice versa on a buy.

One of my stocks is DBA. It posted an unusual 7-week run-up. I closed it out last Friday at 3:45 pm. It's now at $39+ vs. a 20-day MA of $32.87 (about a 20% difference). RSI(14) is 88.

DBA is an ag commodity ETF (25% corn, 25% wheat, 25% soybeans, 25% sugar). It had a huge run-up last year. Ag is still hot, but I decided to take a short leave of absence. I might be right or wrong, but I did take a profit.

Once again...thanks for your prompt help today. Now I can further explore the script with volume, etc.

glgene
613 posts
msg #59740
Ignore glgene
2/17/2008 4:30:03 PM

Oops. Using a weekly chart, I meant 20-period (weekly) MA. Not 20-day MA.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #59742
Ignore nikoschopen
2/17/2008 5:19:56 PM

Funny you mention DBA because I was looking at it last night to see if there's any chance for the damn thing to come crashing down. It does look overbought but I wasn't convinced that it's time to jump in short just yet.

As for using the weekly indicator, it ain't much of a use for this daytrader.

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #59743
Ignore johnpaulca
2/17/2008 5:39:54 PM

Niko...I mentioned it last week "DBA" .Very easy to trade...I drew circles where to short it. I added some long last week after it came down. I am sooo bullish on Agriculture. AG, DE, CF are my fav's to trade...huge swings. A few weeks ago you guys saw me trade Ag(short), I think I shorted in the mid-sixtys, it came down somewhere it the fifty's.

glgene
613 posts
msg #59744
Ignore glgene
2/17/2008 5:42:29 PM

Niko,

The instructor at the MTA event suggested investors have a 2-set mind: Macro (using a weekly chart), and Micro (using daily charts). Employ $ in both. His topic last week was on the macro side.

glgene
613 posts
msg #59748
Ignore glgene
2/17/2008 8:03:23 PM

JohnPac: You said, in part "I am sooo bullish on Agriculture. AG, DE, CF are my fav's to trade.
-----------------
I, too, made money on these (AG, DE, and CF) ---thru the "MOO" ETF in late 2007. But MOO is down YTD 2008. DBA (the end product -- crops) is up YTD 2008.

Where is the disconnect? The inputs (seed and fertilizer) are down, but the end product (crop=food) is up. I acknowledge that DE (John Deere) represents input and output.

Your comments?

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · 5 weeks up in a row<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.