StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · A NEW ^VIX TRADING SYSTEM<< 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 49 >>Post Follow-up
shillllihs
5,974 posts
msg #132668
Ignore shillllihs
11/21/2016 6:28:37 PM

With loss after loss in these 2 systems,
where has your leader gone?
Abandon ship.

miketranz
956 posts
msg #132669
Ignore miketranz
11/21/2016 7:49:24 PM

The reason I'm still here is because I have 20+ years of trading patience.Trading's a numbers game,not a guessing game.Any system that can deliver close to 90% win ratio,I'll trade it,and yes there's going to be some losses,but do the math,it's part of the game.The bottom line is systems trading must be followed to a tee,otherwise you'll never attain the percentages.Great work Kevin....

tennisplayer2
210 posts
msg #132670
Ignore tennisplayer2
11/21/2016 7:55:38 PM

Shillllihs, I don't know what you are talking about. This is a great system (I am up quite a bit on this system), very thankful for Kevin. Shillllihs, I usually don't read your posts.

ferndave
65 posts
msg #132672
Ignore ferndave
11/21/2016 8:35:17 PM

jackmack: I think what he means is that you divide your funds into five slices. Kevin's backtests show that it is rare for more than 5 triggers to be active at a time, so using more than 5 slices leaves too much money on the sidelines.

shillllihs
5,974 posts
msg #132673
Ignore shillllihs
11/21/2016 9:22:24 PM

Since you use units & cant find any vehicle to track this right, system is good for about 20%
which is just ok.

When I asked what exit should be for the 3X short filter, I was told next morning(a loss) but he claimed he held longer for a win.

Both systems have been shalacked & I feel his presence & credibility has tanked.

This filter looks great on the surface & I wish it was but backwardation & no proper way to
win large long term & all the flaws with SS. leave this obsolete.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #132675
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
11/21/2016 10:19:41 PM

Jeez - can't a guy go on vacation for a week?

As I told everyone at the end of October, I will no longer be providing nightly updates on this as of 1 Nov since everyone has both the SF versions and ALL of the SS code to do it themselves. At that time the system was 20 for 22 wins. I really don't see where you are coming from with your comments.

As to the 3x shorting filter, please review what I have posted. Every trade is recorded. It is exactly this type of behavior that prompted me to make my recent threads read-only.

You must be running out of things to brag about.

jackmack
334 posts
msg #132676
Ignore jackmack
11/21/2016 10:21:09 PM

shillllihs - not sure what you are talking about - did you not review the trade log Kevin kept everyone updated daily on from the start through his call to stop updating the log posted 11/1?
How bad is that?
Where are you getting your "good for @ 20%" from?
Sorry I just don't follow what you are referring to and if memory serves me correctly Kevin is on vacation.
Nameste

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #132677
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
11/21/2016 10:22:57 PM

When I asked what exit should be for the 3X short filter, I was told next morning(a loss) but he claimed he held longer for a win.

To clarify - the 3x ETF shorting filters I use each have their own exit signal. None are held only for one day (that was a different system that I fully posted back in August). Please read what I post before assuming anything. It will save both of us time and keep things civil.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #132678
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
11/21/2016 10:25:29 PM

jackmack: I think what he means is that you divide your funds into five slices. Kevin's backtests show that it is rare for more than 5 triggers to be active at a time, so using more than 5 slices leaves too much money on the sidelines.

Exactly. The goal is to maximize the use of your funds, and trading only 5 units seems to be the sweet spot. It also allows you to average into a trade if the price goes against you.

dtatu
143 posts
msg #132679
Ignore dtatu
modified
11/21/2016 10:27:07 PM

silllllihs

Well, I think I showed it clearly that, when the appropriate vehicle is used, with the discipline of following the system, In 13 trades , I lost 8$ once,and made money in 12 others , for a total profit of 7 158.00 $.
This system works, until proven otherwise, sorry.
When you use 3 x vehicle for longs , and XIV for shorts, etc, it's your choice; do not blame the system.
We all admitted that trading a surrogate of VIX was a risk we took, as we did not know what was the best one.
Using a more prudent approach vs a super leveraged one seemed to me a more logical one.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · A NEW ^VIX TRADING SYSTEM<< 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 49 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.