StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · A cry for help!!<< >>Post Follow-up
msummer2007
129 posts
msg #58790
Ignore msummer2007
1/7/2008 10:02:47 AM

I have been working on a system where the weekly Rsi(4) has been above the 20 line for the last 1 year. What I am trying to produce, is a trigger when the weekly rsi(4) has rebounded above a previous low, and is touching or slightly penetrating above the previous low. Example. Say AAPL has a weekly rsi(4) low that is 28. Say this happened 4 months ago. I want this system to tell me when the weekly rsi(4) has rebounded from a current low and is touching or passing through(above) the old low set 4 months ago. This low can also occur any time in the last 3 months, but must remain above the 20 line. Big time kudos to anyone who can figure this out. Thanks Bob

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #58792
Ignore nikoschopen
modified
1/7/2008 12:11:35 PM

Example. Say AAPL has a weekly rsi(4) low that is 28. Say this happened 4 months ago. I want this system to tell me when the weekly rsi(4) has rebounded from a current low and is touching or passing through(above) the old low set 4 months ago. This low can also occur any time in the last 3 months, but must remain above the 20 line

Here ya go, Bob. Add price/volume criteria as you see fit.

Fetcher[
set{RSI4, weekly RSI(4) low 52 week low}
set{both, count(RSI4 16 weeks ago above 20,1) * count(weekly RSI(4) touching RSI4,1)}
both above 0
set{RSI4lo, days(weekly RSI(4) reached a new 52 week low,100)}
add column RSI4lo
draw weekly RSI(4)
draw RSI4 on plot weekly RSI(4)
draw weekly RSI(4) line at 20
do not draw both
chart-display weekly
]

msummer2007
129 posts
msg #58795
Ignore msummer2007
modified
1/7/2008 1:10:39 PM

Niko: I thank you kindly for the system, and your effort. Unfortunately I should have clarified my statements better. Here is the system I currently have, everything is in weekly counts. What my aim is, to find stocks where the weekly rsi(4) has broken below 30 within the last 2 months, the weekly rsi(4) can hit a new low as long as it is above 20. I want to see on the graph that the weekly rsi(4) has begun to turn positive and is breaking above the most recent low. Here is the problem. Say the weekly RSI(4) has reached a new low within the last 1 week, lets say it is 23. The previous low which occurred 1 month ago was 27. I want to be alerted when the weekly rsi(4) has reached 27 or slightly higher. This is where I am having the trouble. I have traded 7 plays off this system in this bear market(all long) and have done quite well with it. But I have had to manually follow each stock until the indicator entry is breached. Is there anyway this can be performed. I have noticed many times, this indicator will set a new low, then rebound and when it penetrates the previous old low, it generally is a good trade. The trick is waiting for this to occur. Thanks again Niko.

Fetcher[draw weekly rsi(4)
and weekly rsi(4) has been above 20 for the last 1 years
and weekly rsi(4) has reached a 1 year low within the last 2 weeks
and weekly rsi(4) has been increasing for the last 1 day
and average volume(30) is above 150000
and stock is optionable
]

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #58799
Ignore nikoschopen
modified
1/7/2008 4:18:51 PM

First of all, the original filter above has since been rewritten. I realized that I left out the "weekly" modifier in several places.

From what I understand, then, what ure looking for is the current weekly RSI(4) crossing above the previous 52-week low, provided that the recent 52-week low never dipped below 20.

Here I'm supposing that the recent low occured 1 week ago and the previous all-time low made its unwholesome appearance more than 2 weeks ago (numbers in the "lo52wk" column show when the previous 52-week low occured and the "RSI4" show what the values were at the time).

Fetcher[
set{RSI4, weekly RSI(4) 2 weeks ago low 52 week low}
set{both1, count(weekly RSI(4) 1 week ago reached a new 52 week low,1) * count(weekly RSI(4) 1 week ago above 20,1)}
set{both, count(both1 above 0,1) * count(weekly RSI(4) crossed above RSI4,1)}
both above 0

set{lo52wk, count(days(weekly RSI(4) reached a new 52 week low,100) above 1,100)}
add column lo52wk
add column RSI4

draw weekly RSI(4)
do not draw both
chart-display weekly
]

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #58802
Ignore nikoschopen
1/7/2008 4:51:37 PM

This is an identical filter as the one above, with ever slight modification in the first line. The phrase "weekly RSI(4) 2 weeks ago low 52 week low" is changed to "weekly RSI(4) 2 weeks ago 52 week low". Ironically, this one spits out 22 matches as opposed to just 4 from the other. Go figure!

Fetcher[
set{RSI4, weekly RSI(4) 2 weeks ago 52 week low}
set{both1, count(weekly RSI(4) 1 week ago reached a new 52 week low,1) * count(weekly RSI(4) 1 week ago above 20,1)}
set{both, count(both1 above 0,1) * count(weekly RSI(4) crossed above RSI4,1)}
both above 0

set{lo52wk, count(days(weekly RSI(4) reached a new 52 week low,100) above 1,100)}
add column lo52wk
add column RSI4

draw weekly RSI(4)
do not draw both
chart-display weekly
]

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · A cry for help!!<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.