StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · A rising MA(50) increases chance of winning<< >>Post Follow-up
SurfnDestiny
78 posts
msg #35405
Ignore SurfnDestiny
3/21/2005 8:53:56 PM

One thing that I have found myself increasingly doing is only paying attention to stocks where the MA(50) is going up. After studying hundreds of charts from different filters, a rising MA(50) does seem to improve the odds of a stock continuing its climb, notwithstanding some negative news. I have written several filters that look for a possible reversal in a down trend, but a lot of times the down trend continues, after the price flattens out for awhile. Especially if the MA(50) is negative. Its nice to have the best odds you can get when money is involved. The consolidation filter I`ve used, with some good results, but not many results have the stochastic climbing high, predicting a breakout, especially with the market the way its been.

Fetcher[Show stocks where volume > 300000
and 3 day slope of MA(50) is > 0
and average volume has been increasing for 5 days
and COG(3) is above COG EMA(3)
and close is below upper bollinger(20)
and RSI(5) is above 50
and price is between 5 and 100
]

I read somewhere that fund managers and institutional buyers use the price, in relation to MA(50), for entry and exit points.

marine2
963 posts
msg #35419
Ignore marine2
3/23/2005 2:16:06 AM

Yes, very good idea to buy on strength and a rising MA(50) for x amount of days says that. The length of days for the x factor is up to each person writing their filter.

Marine2

rsarno
103 posts
msg #35423
Ignore rsarno
3/23/2005 8:26:02 AM

nice, thank you!

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · A rising MA(50) increases chance of winning<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.