StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · An "elite" group of Combo stocks<< >>Post Follow-up
johnnyvento
51 posts
msg #63313
Ignore johnnyvento
6/3/2008 8:21:19 PM

This thread is a continuation of the DEADLY COMBO thread dealing with stocks that are both high day rangers and frequent runners ala the Run Forrest Run scan, for more info see the RFR and DC threads and go to greenonthescreen.blogspot.com. This method was begun by Muddy & Laura w/ TRO's help and perfected by 13_floor. It is hands down the most impressive day trading method that I have discovered. You really have to be in the chatroom in real time to get the full experience.

Recently I've been using the combo filter to backfilter all of the combo stocks of the preceding 13 months. I don't tweak the filter up or down at all and it has a strict cutoff at ADR(30) > 8% and 10_19% runners @ 10 or more in 100 days. Filtering on the last Friday of every month has produced a list of around 450 stocks. What is interesting is when all of the scans are compiled together it shows how many times a stock has made the list in the last year. Thus, a new group of "elite" combo stocks is born: stocks that have made the list at least 4 months over the past year.

4 or more months on Combo list:

ABK AKNS AMRN BIDZ BLUS BONT BZH CHLO COIN CPSL CSUN CTDC DTSI EDVC EEE EMKR ENT FTBX FKWL FMNT HOKU HOV HYTM ICOG IMB IMH JADE JRCC KOG LOCM LSCG MGAFF NLS NOVS NRTZ NTWK PMI PSTI QTWW RDN ROIAK RTK RZ SCA SCON SEED SPF SUF THK TLB VG VLNC WCI WDG WHI XJT ZIXI ZVUE

This list is still in progress- I am attempting to build a real time alert filter using it, results and conclusions will be updated at a future time. I will also update later if further backfiltering and analysis produces any more interesting results. Any feedback is appreciated.

13th_floor
724 posts
msg #63317
Ignore 13th_floor
6/3/2008 9:01:00 PM

Wow,
Great Stuff your list and how you got them,thanks!

johnnyvento
51 posts
msg #64739
Ignore johnnyvento
7/5/2008 3:46:53 PM

The second round of the elite combo backfiltering has been completed going back 13 months. Several stocks from the last time have been moved up to elite status. Many many others are on the list at least 3 times, too many to be included here. The final list should probably be culled down to those only on the list 3 or more times. The second round confirmed the eliteness of the first group and added a few more, listed below. The screen was very iterative, and the second round of backfiltering only added 20 or so new stocks to the list. So I now say that the Deadly Combo Stock List Building Project is now complete. The next project will be a comprehensive list of the high dayrangers, probably over 10% or 12% instead of 8%.

The point of this project was not only to build the list but to identify stocks worth watching for in the chatroom that haven't been called out at least since I've been there. EMMS is a perfect example of this. This stock has not been called in the chatroom since I've been there yet in the past week alone it has had 3 days where the day range is 18%. It is in the $2-3 range so it is a stock that can be played by everybody.

NEW ELITE STOCKS DERIVED FROM SECOND SCREEN:

ABAT ASTIZ BCON BKUNA CBAK CDL CLWR CMRG CNEH CYOE EBHI EMMS
FBR JRCC JMBA MALL MBI MBRK MGI MMPI NWOL PFB SDTH SOLF SYNM TGIC TNRO

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #64740
Ignore chetron
7/5/2008 4:26:31 PM

thanx for the update, john.

ludowillems
111 posts
msg #64750
Ignore ludowillems
7/6/2008 2:12:25 PM

super job, jhonnyvento. Thank you for all the efforts and comments. Regards, ludo

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · An "elite" group of Combo stocks<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.