StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange ·  And The Hits Just Keep On Coming!!!<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up
alf44
2,025 posts
msg #41958
Ignore alf44
3/12/2006 8:42:13 PM

the only thing missing from this thread is...

..."Dueling Banjoes"...playing in the background !

Regards,

alf44

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #41959
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
3/12/2006 9:01:32 PM

Scott -

Don't worry about these ridicules statements....

"Using an offset just means the train left the station without you!

You want to jump on while the divergence is occurring."

You jump in at some point intraday AFTER you see REAL "Positive Divergence." Now I'll be the first to say "trade well" intraday. And that's easier said than done. And intraday trading is a whole different issue that most of us don't have time to teach. But these filters will give you the headstart that most traders don't take the time to research. Good luck Scott. Were all here if you need us....

RIGGS

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #41962
Ignore TheRumpledOne
3/12/2006 11:21:20 PM

"You jump in at some point intraday AFTER you see REAL "Positive Divergence." Now I'll be the first to say "trade well" intraday. And that's easier said than done. And intraday trading is a whole different issue that most of us don't have time to teach. But these filters will give you the headstart that most traders don't take the time to research. Good luck Scott. Were all here if you need us...."

It's WE'RE not WERE!

And who's WE?

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #41964
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
3/12/2006 11:46:05 PM

Avery -

Is this your pinnacle? Grade school tactics? Wow, I feel honored to have finally brought the mighty RUMPLEDONE to his knees. Rump, in case you didnt get the memo, I'm the blacktop bully, and bully's never care about spelling contests! LOL...So you're better off brushing up on "Divergence" or helping helping out 'udisgv7'with that MACD-H filter that you're AVOIDING.LOL...in fact, I've already made his filter but I want to see if you've lost your divergence nerve or your edge period. LOL! I publically pull off your mask and all's you can say is "IT'S WE'RE NOT WERE!" Dude, I love it!!! ROFLMAO!

THE MIGHTY RIGGS. LOL!

oldsmar52
104 posts
msg #41980
Ignore oldsmar52
3/13/2006 12:41:47 PM

Hey Rump....is there some reason why you can't just shut up???????
Frank

Koronbock
201 posts
msg #41981
Ignore Koronbock
3/13/2006 1:37:45 PM

Hey Oldsmar,
is there some reason why you can't just shut up???????

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #41983
Ignore TheRumpledOne
3/13/2006 3:58:13 PM

You jump in at some point intraday AFTER you see REAL "Positive Divergence." Now I'll be the first to say "trade well" intraday. And that's easier said than done. And intraday trading is a whole different issue that most of us don't have time to teach. But these filters will give you the headstart that most traders don't take the time to research. Good luck Scott. Were all here if you need us....
===============================================================================

Are you saying the stocks from your filter do not all have positive divergence and that you wait for positive divergence to happen sometime during the day?

Are you using a daily interval or intraday interval?

oldsmar52
104 posts
msg #41984
Ignore oldsmar52
3/13/2006 5:11:30 PM

Hey Koronbock, all you guys do is complain and cry like little kids. People get tired of reading it, thats all!!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #41987
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
3/13/2006 7:08:54 PM

oldsmar52
- Ignore oldsmar52 3/13/2006 5:11:30 PM

Hey Koronbock, all you guys do is complain and cry like little kids. People get tired of reading it, thats all!!

===============================================================================
Hey oldsmar52:

Did you know SF has the IGNORE feature?

If you don't want to read what someone has to say, you can click IGNORE and never be bothered.

For the record, Yahoo! has the ignore feature too.

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #42001
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
3/14/2006 3:20:53 AM

Avery said....
********************************************************************************
Riggs:

"I understand divergence.. However, I don't think you do. You have yet to define divergence in your own words. You allude to "looking for a stock to show divergence". Even you own filter returns stocks that DO NOT have POSITIVE DIVERGENCE.

So, in your own words, Riggs, define divergence."

********************************************************************************

Avery -

Do you have rocks in your head? Even if you were blind, you could find divergence in EVERONE of my stocks through BRAILLE!!!

I've already defined divergence in the only way one can! And that's the same way ALL market professionals define divergence. My god...what happened to you? Are you sick? Should we all start making plans for you?

Are you next gonna tell us that it's better to buy stocks when you see NEGATIVE divergence off of tops? Because you're starting to worry me pal!

I want you to remember your own words here...."Even you own filter returns stocks that DO NOT have POSITIVE DIVERGENCE." Well here is "MY" filter results for the last 2-days, and you WON'T find a SINGLE stock that doesn't show divergence. This proves you really do have "rocks in your head!" Or you're blind as a bat! One or the other....

date offset 2-days 3/9/06 (32 stocks, all 32 showing divergence w/RSI(2)& several others like CCI, Force Index(2), and Elder-Ray Bull/Bear power.) Again, notice all the "Green."

Fetcher[close is above 20
close is below open
RSI(2)is above RSI(2)2 days ago
and RSI(2)is decreasing 1 day
60-day slope of close is above 0
Do not draw 60-day slope of close
Draw EMA(13)
Set{Bullpower, high minus ema(13)}
Set{Bearpower, low minus ema(13)}
set{BLb,days(BullPower is above BullPower 1 day ago,100)}
set{BLa,days(BullPower is below BullPower 1 day ago,100)}
set{BLxBL, BLa - BLb}
set{BRb,days(BearPower is above BearPower 1 day ago,100)}
set{BRa,days(BearPower is below BearPower 1 day ago,100)}
set{BRxBR, BRa - BRb}
Draw Bullpower
Draw Bearpower
add column BLxBL
add column BRxBR
Draw Bullpower
Draw Bearpower
average volume(90)is above 100000
volume is above 100000
sort column 2 descending
offset 2 days

/* MP CCIWLR ANALYZER DISPLAY */

/* NORMALIZE accumulation distribution */

set{adval, INDPOSITION(accumulation distribution, 60) * 100 }

/* NORMALIZE momentum(12) */

set{moval, INDPOSITION(momentum(12), 60) * 100}

/* NORMALIZE CCI(14) */

set{ccval, INDPOSITION(CCI(14), 60) * 100 }

/* NORMALIZE williams %r(10) */

set{wrval, INDPOSITION(williams %r(10), 60) * 100 }

/* DRAW THE MP CCIWLR CHART */

and draw wrval
and draw adval on plot wrval
and draw moval on plot wrval
and draw ccval on plot wrval

add column adval
add column ccval
add column moval
add column wrval

adval is above 80
ccval is below 30
moval is below 30
wrval is below 30
]

Did you look at all 32? Because if you did, you would never make a ridicules statement like you did ever again! Now, here's TODAY'S results....

Date Offset 1-day 3/10/06 (3 stocks, all three(3)showing divergence in RSI(2)and a couple of the others as well)

Fetcher[close is above 20
close is below open
RSI(2)is above RSI(2)2 days ago
and RSI(2)is decreasing 1 day
60-day slope of close is above 0
Do not draw 60-day slope of close
Draw EMA(13)
Set{Bullpower, high minus ema(13)}
Set{Bearpower, low minus ema(13)}
set{BLb,days(BullPower is above BullPower 1 day ago,100)}
set{BLa,days(BullPower is below BullPower 1 day ago,100)}
set{BLxBL, BLa - BLb}
set{BRb,days(BearPower is above BearPower 1 day ago,100)}
set{BRa,days(BearPower is below BearPower 1 day ago,100)}
set{BRxBR, BRa - BRb}
Draw Bullpower
Draw Bearpower
add column BLxBL
add column BRxBR
Draw Bullpower
Draw Bearpower
average volume(90)is above 100000
volume is above 100000
sort column 2 descending
offset 1 days

/* MP CCIWLR ANALYZER DISPLAY */

/* NORMALIZE accumulation distribution */

set{adval, INDPOSITION(accumulation distribution, 60) * 100 }

/* NORMALIZE momentum(12) */

set{moval, INDPOSITION(momentum(12), 60) * 100}

/* NORMALIZE CCI(14) */

set{ccval, INDPOSITION(CCI(14), 60) * 100 }

/* NORMALIZE williams %r(10) */

set{wrval, INDPOSITION(williams %r(10), 60) * 100 }

/* DRAW THE MP CCIWLR CHART */

and draw wrval
and draw adval on plot wrval
and draw moval on plot wrval
and draw ccval on plot wrval

add column adval
add column ccval
add column moval
add column wrval

adval is above 80
ccval is below 30
moval is below 30
wrval is below 30
]

Now in two days, that's 35 out of 35 showing CLEAR and REAL divergence! No bells and [count]whistles, no 40+ columns, and no techy programmer mumbo jumbo! Just a simple winning filter period.

RIGGS

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange ·  And The Hits Just Keep On Coming!!!<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.