StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Another request for pivot filter<< >>Post Follow-up
Rock Sexton
111 posts
msg #117507
Ignore Rock Sexton
12/24/2013 12:44:39 PM

Looking for a filters which will identify for me:

- Previous weekly pivots
- Previous monthly pivots
- Previous quarterly pivots
- Previous yearly pivots

Thanks in advance. Wish I was a better coder so I didn't have to bug you guys.

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #117516
Ignore Eman93
12/26/2013 1:28:20 AM

SF only has daily data... just use the weekly and monthly bars and create a spread sheet with these calculations.

I only pay attention to the weekly pivot point and daily pivots for swing trading.. on weekly charts I use support and resistance. GLT

http://www.stockfetcher.com/forums/Filter-Exchange/Fibonacci-Zone-Pivots-for-Day-Trading/71062/0

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #117518
Ignore Eman93
12/26/2013 1:47:57 AM

Fibonacci Pivot Points

Fibonacci Pivot Points start just the same as Standard Pivot Points. From the base Pivot Point, Fibonacci multiples of the high-low differential are added to form resistance levels and subtracted to form support levels.

Pivot Point (P) = (High + Low + Close)/3

Support 1 (S1) = P - {.382 * (High - Low)}

Support 2 (S2) = P - {.618 * (High - Low)}

Support 3 (S3) = P - {1 * (High - Low)}

Resistance 1 (R1) = P + {.382 * (High - Low)}

Resistance 2 (R2) = P + {.618 * (High - Low)}

Resistance 3 (R3) = P + {1 * (High - Low)}

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #117523
Ignore Eman93
12/26/2013 12:26:58 PM

on think or swim profit charts it allows you to use weekly or daily pivots and plots them

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Rock Sexton
111 posts
msg #117571
Ignore Rock Sexton
modified
12/30/2013 9:06:29 PM

"SF only has daily data... just use the weekly and monthly bars and create a spread sheet with these calculations. "

Eman I need to clarify though. Yes, SF uses daily data ..... but what I'm asking for theoretically should be able to be accomplished.

1 week = previous 5 days
1 month = previous 20 days
1 quarter = previous 60 days
1 year = previous 252 trading days

I find this information crucial because the market is constantly contrasting itself with where it is compared to where it was .... and more specifically where previous value was.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Another request for pivot filter<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.