StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Automatically add filter results to a watch list<< >>Post Follow-up
tmaugham
115 posts
msg #64760
Ignore tmaugham
7/6/2008 10:42:33 PM

I sent this to SF via an e-mail to their support addy but I thought I would post the question here just in case someone has a method for this.

Thanks...

------------------------------

I have a filter that often generates many results, often 1,000 or more. Adding this many items to a watch list is rather time consuming as each result screen only displays a maximum of 100 items per page. Thus for a result of 1,000 items I must perform the “add to watch list” process ten times at least. I wonder if it is or would be possible to include a command inside the filter to automatically add the results to a specifically named watch list in much the same manner as the contents of a watch list can be included in a filter?

Thanks…

Tom Maugham

marine2
963 posts
msg #64761
Ignore marine2
7/7/2008 12:24:30 AM

Sounds like an interesting request. This should be quite the challenge for our SF staff. What with the wonderful work they are now doing and have done I am positive they can find a way to design their programming tool to accomplish this task. I like it and I hope they can come through for you.

tmaugham
115 posts
msg #64766
Ignore tmaugham
7/7/2008 11:10:54 AM

I did get a response from TomB which follows... I am always amazed how fast they respond.

-------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. To add more than 100 symbols at a time from your filter results, we recommend the steps below:

1. While viewing your filter results click "[download csv]" and save the result to a local file.

2. Next, while viewing your desired watch list, click the "Upload" option in the gray box and follow the instructions in the pop-up window to select the file from step 1 and import your saved results.

Additionally, I have passed your suggestion for a specific command to add to a watch list on to our development staff.

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to send us an email.

Thank you,

Tom
StockFetcher.com Support
Vestyl Software, L.L.C.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Automatically add filter results to a watch list<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.