StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · BACKTEST HELP!<< >>Post Follow-up
calhawk01
135 posts
msg #101804
Ignore calhawk01
7/25/2011 8:51:53 PM

Sorry but NONE seems to ever respond to any posts made in the designated backtesed section of the forum. So i'm going to post here for more eyes to view my post!

Here are my questions:

Can someone please answer my questions?

1. How does SF backtest system behave if your order does not get executed following the trigger date? For example, if my entry conditions are, "close yesterday" rather than "open" next day. If my entry is close yesterday, there could be lots of chances that my order never gets filled the following day after my trigger date. In this situation, does SF keep the limit order for another day, or does it simply move on to the next list of stocks that the screener found??

2. And does SF double up on a position if your stock was triggered on multiple consecutive days, even if your first day position has not ended?

3. How can i setup my ENTRY in backtest, so that I can enter INTRADAY?

THANK YOU!

jimvin
170 posts
msg #101808
Ignore jimvin
7/25/2011 11:10:21 PM

In a worst-case scenario, you can contact the StockFetcher crew directly; in my experience they've always been very professional, timely and helpful in their responses to technical questions...

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · BACKTEST HELP!<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.