StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · BOLLINGER BAND HELP<< >>Post Follow-up
optionmasters
17 posts
msg #35105
Ignore optionmasters
2/10/2005 11:56:05 PM

How do I code a equation of =(Upper bollinger(20) - lower bollinger(20))/SMA(20)

kgriffen
49 posts
msg #35107
Ignore kgriffen
2/11/2005 12:54:59 AM

try
Fetcher[bollinger width(20) is greater than 1]

jclaffee
81 posts
msg #35108
Ignore jclaffee
2/11/2005 2:49:19 AM

If not that, optionmasters, how 'bout this --

Fetcher[Close is above 10
and Average Volume(10) is above 1000000
and set{BdW, Upper Bollinger Band(20) - Lower Bollinger Band(20)}
and set{RaTiO, BdW/MA(20)}
and add column RaTiO
]

Lines 1,2 and 5 have nothing to do with what you asked but just limit the universe of stocks being searched and, in the case of Line 5, show that something has been produced. It's essential to use the nomenclature that SF uses (whether that's what any other part of the world uses or not) and I've found that, in my "set" statements, I have to be careful not to use a name that SF might be useing for something.

HTH

Jim

murknd
62 posts
msg #35117
Ignore murknd
2/12/2005 1:25:22 PM

the first part of your equation is simply the bollinger width(20) and this is a standard SF indicator - the SMA(20)is the mid point of the bollinger width, so this equation I think will always yield 50% - I'm not sure what your trying to do, but look at the bollinger %B(20) which is a measure of where the close is within the bollinger bands

jclaffee
81 posts
msg #35119
Ignore jclaffee
2/12/2005 3:18:46 PM

You're right on it, murknd. . .what SF calls "Bollinger Width" is the bandwidth divided by the moving average. . .so, really, optionmasters whole equation yields just the Bollinger Width.

Better eyes than mine!

Jim

optionmasters
17 posts
msg #35149
Ignore optionmasters
2/14/2005 11:53:05 PM

thanks for the help... was a good try

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · BOLLINGER BAND HELP<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.