StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Bear Market Thinktank.<< >>Post Follow-up
shillllihs
5,975 posts
msg #149734
Ignore shillllihs
modified
12/2/2019 12:06:52 AM

Begin.

KSK8
561 posts
msg #149745
Ignore KSK8
12/2/2019 10:51:38 AM

Lol the Parabolic SAR won't predict a bear market, study up on some Larry Connors.

shillllihs
5,975 posts
msg #149747
Ignore shillllihs
modified
12/2/2019 11:12:59 AM

just want the back test results on this filter during the recession.
real simple, don't care about some larry guy.

shillllihs
5,975 posts
msg #149764
Ignore shillllihs
12/2/2019 4:15:05 PM

You can all feel free to contribute with any long system you like with results.

pj.stocks
3 posts
msg #149774
Ignore pj.stocks
12/3/2019 9:35:37 AM

I think what he is saying is, that if you read up on Larry Connors, it will give you better incite on how to create the view you want to have towards the Bear Market,

https://tradingmarkets.com/authors/larry_connors

shillllihs
5,975 posts
msg #149783
Ignore shillllihs
modified
12/3/2019 3:08:59 PM

Well thank you and I don't like Connors very much I think he's alright but my question was for a very selfish reason. I have a fund I run with 115 followers with many paying nearly $200 a month. it was system of the week so many have jumped on board.
As ruthless as I may come off, I am very concerned about my followers and value them over any money that I make.
I was looking for a long system that will work in a bear market which will be tough to navigate.
I will not mention my system again unless questioned out of respect to SF. The reason I have not been contributing thoughts and ideas is because I have a huge vested interest and quite honestly I am not technically inclined and very lazy. My strengths are pattern recognition and a keen sense of instinct.
Thank you to SF. as this is a great place to study charts.

KSK8
561 posts
msg #149784
Ignore KSK8
12/3/2019 3:19:27 PM

Shillllihs if that were true, then you wouldn't turn to an online forums for advice. You'd hire a serious financial consultant to handle that type of situation. Totally unrealistic.

Anyways, Larry Connors is a highly respectable technician, I'd check him out. Check out some of TRO's old posts as well, he may offer some insight for systems that can work through both a bear market and a bull market.

Just remember, don't put in any money into the market that you can't afford to lose.

shillllihs
5,975 posts
msg #149786
Ignore shillllihs
12/3/2019 3:29:40 PM

Well I run a long only account and I feel I will do well when the time comes by shorting a 3x etf and allowing decay to do its thing during the bear market. But my system is long only for now, converting it could be a problem. I don't think there are any pros in a bear market, in predicting when it will happen or in navigating it.
If Dave is still here, without mentioning the name of my system he can confirm the success of it.
Whatever.
Good luck to all.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Bear Market Thinktank.<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.