StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Black offset<< >>Post Follow-up
grumpus
3 posts
msg #118227
Ignore grumpus
2/18/2014 11:09:48 AM

I know how to code for a black candlestick but when I try to use it to identify it as the previous day in conjunction with other qualifiers based upon the current day it doesn't work. I suppose the issue is with the offset but I cannot figure it out.

For example,

I need a black candlestick to show for the prior day but the other filters should impact the current day.

Show stocks where Close is above Close 1 day ago and Close is below Open and Price is between 5 and 6 and Average Volume(65) is above 500000 [THIS WOULD GIVE ME THE BLACK CANDLESTICK, but I need this for 1 day ago

THEN FOR THE CURRENT DAY, I NEED

price is between 5 and 10
average volume(30) is greater than 500000

Much appreciated if someone could help me tweak this one.

Grumpus

four
5,087 posts
msg #118228
Ignore four
2/18/2014 11:27:50 AM

Show stocks where Close is above Close 1 day ago and Close is below Open and Price is between 5 and 6 and Average Volume(65) is above 500000 [THIS WOULD GIVE ME THE BLACK CANDLESTICK, but I need this for 1 day ago

PERHAPS...

Fetcher[
Show stocks where Close 1 DAY AGO is above Close 2 DAYS AGO
and Close 1 DAY AGO is below Open 1 DAY AGO
and Price 1 DAY AGO is between 5 and 6
and Average Volume(65) 1 DAY AGO is above 500000

price is between 5 and 10
average volume(30) is greater than 500000
]

grumpus
3 posts
msg #118229
Ignore grumpus
2/18/2014 11:49:33 AM

Thank you four!

I knew I wasn't far off and seeing the solution makes me feel dumb. Ah well, those little coding errors get us all at one time or another. Again, thanks and much appreciated.

four
5,087 posts
msg #118230
Ignore four
2/18/2014 12:01:20 PM

WELCOME

teamwork DOES WORK

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Black offset<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.