StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Bollinger Keltner Squeeze<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
semovente
17 posts
msg #86235
Ignore semovente
1/14/2010 11:48:26 AM

Has anyone created a filter to implement the following strategy:

http://www.tradethemarkets.com/products/item5.cfm

As summarized on another website:

"The decreased volatility and quiet period are when the Bollinger Bands are "squeezed" inside of the Keltner Channels. The setup is triggered when the Bollinger Bands shoot back outside of the Keltner Channel. Depending on the momentum direction, the play can be short or long"

Any ideas?

.vp

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #86298
Ignore chetron
1/14/2010 4:11:10 PM

search the forum

fortyfour
189 posts
msg #86312
Ignore fortyfour
1/14/2010 5:49:22 PM

Search for petrolpeter.... He can spot a squeeze

dangreene
229 posts
msg #86325
Ignore dangreene
1/14/2010 10:23:43 PM

semovente,

You probably don't remember 'nikoschopen' who was a SF member some time ago. I think he was the first to bring Bollinger/Keltner bands to the forums.

Plug the following -- nikoschopen bollinger keltner -- into the search function here on SF and you should find what you want.

I hope this triggers more input on the use of Bollinger/Keltner band squeezes.

I feel that the time spent here recently by a few members exploring Acceleration Bands would be better off looking at this approach since it seems to get you into the trade much earlier. Just MHO

tmanbone
124 posts
msg #86397
Ignore tmanbone
modified
1/15/2010 8:35:23 PM

Fetcher[

show stock where Upper Bollinger Band(20,2) is below
Upper Keltner Band(20,1.5)
and Lower Bollinger Band(20,2) is above
Lower Keltner Band(20,1.5)
show stocks closed between 1 and 100
average volume(90) is > 1000000
]

Based on Carter / Senter's squeeze.

http://www.thinkscripter.com/

The thinkscripter has one developed for ThinkorSwim, he'll share for a small donation.

acfncp3
59 posts
msg #86427
Ignore acfncp3
1/16/2010 10:41:12 PM

I've tried the John Carter squeeze but with mixed results. I can't seem to get the direction right because the signal can be bullish or bearish. Once you get a signal to enter as the BB escapes the Keltner channel .... the stock does not seem to consistently hold either bullish or bearish. For those who are trading this system ... any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong. I'm back to papertrading this system instead of risking real money.

Also, I listened to one of JC webinars and he added something new where his signal will look for different time frames.... weekly daily and the 15 min ... it seems he is using the different time periods to confirm the signal that the stock is coming out of the squeeze. I don't think SF can do this. Although, could you have SF confirm .... say both weekly and daily are leaving the squeeze.

Thanks,

Bill

tmanbone
124 posts
msg #86431
Ignore tmanbone
1/17/2010 1:09:00 AM

They use hiekin ashi candles, only take the trade if the candle color is in the direction the squeeze fired. Herbert exits on two opposing candles, keeping in mind he is a scalper, he intraday trades the Dow mini with an 89 tick chart. On the other hand Carter trades longer time frames, 5 min for intraday would be his lowest time frame; he swears by the weekly, monthly squeezes and has mentioned in his seminars that he loads the boat in these cases. These are my observations after studying Carter's/ Senters' seminars and book. HTH

acfncp3
59 posts
msg #86435
Ignore acfncp3
1/17/2010 9:24:37 AM

Interesting ..... Could SF screen for a monthly-weekly breakout of the squeeze. I guess at that pt you could look for daily squeeze breakouts on those stocks.

Thanks,

Bill

tmanbone
124 posts
msg #86462
Ignore tmanbone
1/17/2010 7:33:04 PM

You might be able to modify the above filter from daily to weekly., I've read it in the forum that monthly is out of the question. Chetron can help you. I found a squeeze indi for TOS at informed trades: http://www.informedtrades.com/f209/
HTH
yw.

dangreene
229 posts
msg #86533
Ignore dangreene
1/18/2010 10:03:13 PM

HAS ANYONE HERE REALLY LOOKED AT THIS ? ? ? ? ? ?

SINCE THIS IS A WEEKLY FILTER, USE FRIDAY DATES FOR OFFSET

How simple a filter can you get ?

Forget back testing, just use DATE OFFSET

If you don't like the results what changes would you make ?

Fetcher[

OFFSET 12/04/2009

show stock where WEEKLY Upper Bollinger Band(20,2) is below
WEEKLY Upper Keltner Band(20,1.5)

and WEEKLY Lower Bollinger Band(20,2) is above
WEEKLY Lower Keltner Band(20,1.5)

and show stocks closed between 1.10 and 5.00
and average volume(90) is > 1000000
]

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Bollinger Keltner Squeeze<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.