StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Bollinger band , consolidation squueeeze<< >>Post Follow-up
Sqwii
160 posts
msg #98568
Ignore Sqwii
1/14/2011 7:12:23 AM

I'm looking for a filter , which is finding stocks which has been moved sideways/down for months(with not much volume)

The bollinger bands should be extreme tight and then I want the filter to find the "first volume alert" and a little price change to the upside (So trying to find those ones which has been moving sideways or down for months and oversold and then suddendly gets volum and about to go).

I tried myself a bit but not that good to code this.

Market is not otcbb
price is below 10
weekly slow stochastics(14) is below 30
RSI(2) crossed above 30
slow stochastics(14) is below 30
MACD histogram increased last 2 days

If someone could help me with this filter thanks a lot. The most important is that the volume is "building up" and the stock has been consolidated for months and about to breakout from very tight bollinger bands.

Thanks a lot

Sqwii
160 posts
msg #98569
Ignore Sqwii
1/14/2011 7:25:44 AM

Example of one stock chart.

Look at "EEE"

Consolidation/down for 5 months , then a sudden spike 29 december with a good increase in the share and volume. or the 27-28 december where it began to move up.

Such kind of charts is the one I want to find

SAFeTRADE
630 posts
msg #98571
Ignore SAFeTRADE
1/14/2011 9:28:21 AM

Try this

Fetcher[

/*TRADER JOES BREAKOUT TRADING MACHINE*/

/*--OFF THE RADAR-- BASE SET UP(1)*/
set{vola, count(volume > avgvol(100),50)}
and vola 10 days ago has been below 10 for the last 44 days

/* BUY BAND SIGNALS ENGINE (2) */
set{lowline, atr(22) * 4.5}
set{midline, atr(22) * 1.33}
set{setline1, upper bollinger band(63)}
set{setline2, upper bollinger band(11)}
set{topline, atr(5) * 2.8}
set{Triggerline, setline2 minus topline}
set{EntryLOW, setline1 minus lowline}
set{EntryMID, setline1 minus midline}

/*TRIGGER LINE(3)*/
set{ext, Triggerline - EntryMID }
and ext has crossed above 0 within the last 40 days
and pp > entrylow

/* GLOBAL*/
show stocks where price is between .4 and 4
and avgvol(90) is > 50000

/* VISUAL AIDS */

draw EntryMID on plot price
draw Triggerline on plot price
draw ext 60 day low
draw atr(22)
draw atr(5) on plot atr(22)draw EntryLOW on plot price

/*DO NOT DRAW*/
do not draw pp

and date offset is 22
]

Found here

http://forums.stockfetcher.com/sfforums/?q=view&fid=1002&tid=34865&qrid=&isiframe=

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Bollinger band , consolidation squueeeze<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.