StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Brain not working...<< >>Post Follow-up
dmindy
42 posts
msg #45300
Ignore dmindy
6/26/2006 9:31:18 PM

Maybe I'm just sleep deprived... but I am trying to get a filter phrase that will let me search for PREVIOUS highs and lows x number of days ago.

Something like "WHERE PREVIOUS LOW WAS AT LEAST 10 DAYS AGO"

and I am failing....

Any help would be appreciated.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #45304
Ignore nikoschopen
6/26/2006 11:08:11 PM

"WHERE PREVIOUS LOW WAS AT LEAST 10 DAYS AGO"

This will find a 1-month low that occured anywhere between 11 and 20 days ago.

Fetcher[
days(price reached low 1 month low,20) above 10
price above 20
and avgvol(17) above 300000
]

dmindy
42 posts
msg #45309
Ignore dmindy
modified
6/27/2006 12:08:52 AM

Thanks that is helpful.

I'm still struggeling though beacues the first part of my filter would find stocks that reached a new 15 day low.

Then I want make sure I'm only grabbing stocks whose PREVIOUS 15 day low (the one before the current one I just found) did NOT occur in the past 5 days.

Make sense?
Hope I'm not talking in circles.
Thanks very much for the reply - still working with it.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #45313
Ignore nikoschopen
6/27/2006 3:18:55 AM

Frankly speaking, no it doesn't make much sense. But I take it that ure talking about two separate lows and the previous low is lower than the current low that happened no sooner than 5 days ago. In balance, then, ure looking for an uptrend (by connecting the dots between the two lows) with the previous 5 days rallying from the recent low.

Ure more than welcome to correct me if I'm wrong. I also believe that a picture is worth a thousand words. Next time, just upload a chart that shows what ure looking for. ;)

dmindy
42 posts
msg #45318
Ignore dmindy
6/27/2006 8:42:06 AM

hehe sorry.
Well yes I am looking for two seperate 15 day lows.
And yes I am also trying to ensure that the earlier one happened at least 5 days ago.

But the earlier 15 day low need not be lower than the most recent one, just that it (at the time) was a 15 day low - and that it happened at least 5 days before THIS one.

You are right a picture would probably help. :)
I will try to find one.

Thanks again for all the help.

dmindy
42 posts
msg #45320
Ignore dmindy
6/27/2006 9:47:22 AM

This might be what I'm looking for.

show stocks where low reached a new 15 day low
set{this_low,low}
and price has been above this_low for the last 5 days

... been awhile since I tried to build one of these filters. :)

dmindy
42 posts
msg #45323
Ignore dmindy
6/27/2006 11:13:34 AM

well its not perfect...

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Brain not working...<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.