StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Breakout on Volume<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
jaketheguy
52 posts
msg #38334
Ignore jaketheguy
10/5/2005 12:18:29 AM

The person that requested the filter asked to see the new highs set in conjuntion with above average volume, so my filter assures that those two things happen on the same day.

jaketheguy
52 posts
msg #38335
Ignore jaketheguy
10/5/2005 12:24:15 AM

BTW, I just went back and checked that TGC referred to earlier in the thread. Wow. Did anybody reading this thread (except me, LOL)! play that thing today?

futuremoney
27 posts
msg #38348
Ignore futuremoney
10/6/2005 9:23:57 AM

Not to sound stupid, but how would you play the stocks produced by this filter. I looked and TGC and it made an impressive move. (Wish I would have been in on that one). Looking at the stocks from yesterdays close, out of 36 only three closed with white candles or positive, the other 33 closes with red candles or negitive. So is it some what safe to assume they will continue in the direction of the close?
Thanks for all the help you folk provide on the site.

jaketheguy
52 posts
msg #38360
Ignore jaketheguy
10/6/2005 10:55:28 PM

yaotiande,

I must apologize. Upon closer inspection, your more concisely expressed filter indeed does exactly what mine does! It is an elegant expression.

Thank you.

jaketheguy
52 posts
msg #38361
Ignore jaketheguy
10/6/2005 11:07:23 PM

futuremoney,

I think you can play these stocks in a manner that suits you, short or longer term, although the original intent of the thread was to search for longer term plays. Inspect the charts of the stocks returned by the filter, to see if the breakouts are coming off of a long consolidation period (base). That could be indicative of the ones that are just entering Stage II of a (hopefully prolonged) advance.

Do a forum search on "Stan Weinstein Method"

jaketheguy
52 posts
msg #38362
Ignore jaketheguy
10/6/2005 11:24:49 PM

yaotiande,

Could you elaborate further on your statement "seems like the liquidity side is a little tight"? It seems some of the 59 stocks returned by the filter today have a substantial liquidity.

Maybe it is the case, however, that the more selective 'gems' breaking out of a long basing period naturally have much less liquidity.

yaotiande
32 posts
msg #38373
Ignore yaotiande
10/7/2005 6:38:43 PM

Hi, Jake,

No need to apologize. I've been away yesterday and I didn't see that. I think my global setting with price range get some problem with this filter. It should be alright to relax that a little. The filter indeed look impressive. Of course you cann't just mechanically follow the filter on every match.

I'm experimenting something for the below CMA part. Something like it has been closed within that big spike body would be nice.

Happy bidding.

yaode

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Breakout on Volume<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.