StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Bull Flag and Bear Flag<< >>Post Follow-up
acfncp3
59 posts
msg #64434
Ignore acfncp3
6/28/2008 10:28:45 AM

Does anyone have a good bull flag or bear flag filter that would key off a moving average. What I mean is a stock say in a downtrend that pulls back to say the 30 day MA and then bounces down from it. The entry would be a conditional as it bounced off the MA.. The nice thing would be that if it didn't bounce: no harm no foul. I tried to write one for a bull flag using the pattern recognition feature of SF. For the bull flag I used a diagram of higher highs and higher lows and the last part of the diagram was the stock making a higher low.. I then used the adx and +dmi to make sure it was in an uptrend. I can't seem to get this to work well for a bear flag though. Does anyone have something better. I'd be glad to share what I came up with. How do you transfer one of your saved filters to the forum exchange. Last time I did a simple copy paste but this time I have the diagram at the top of the filter. Once again this filter is probably much more simplistic then what others here will be able to create. Thanks.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Bull Flag and Bear Flag<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.