StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Can we get filter results emailed in .csv format?<< >>Post Follow-up
Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #106506
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
6/2/2012 7:57:20 PM

Since we can download filter results in .csv format, and we can get filter results emailed to us each night, why not let us get the .csv file emailed as well (or in place of the standard email)?

Kevin

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #106515
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
6/4/2012 2:48:48 PM

SF crew - any thoughts on this? TomB - would this be a viable option?

tomb
267 posts
msg #106516
Ignore tomb
6/4/2012 2:57:16 PM

This should not be a problem at all. Would you prefer the results in a single file per email or single file per filter? Given the potential number of filters that may be in a daily email, from our perspective, we would prefer a single file per email. In this file, the individual filter results would be separated by the name (and new header.)

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #106519
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
6/4/2012 4:31:14 PM

Either works for me, since I only have one or two filters emailed each night. More about the flexibility than anything else, as some of us use the filter results in other trading programs. Perhaps there could be a check box as to the desired output (email, .csv, or .txt)?

For me, all I would need was the stocks in .txt format so that the list could be easily imported each night.

K

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #106531
6/5/2012 2:56:54 PM

We have added a new "CSV" option for the daily filter email. You can toggle this setting by clicking on the "Settings" page and the "My Filters" option:

My Filters Settings

The email type is near the bottom of the page:

Please let us know if you experience any problems with the new format, or would like any changes!

Thank you,

StockFetcher.com Support

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #106536
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
6/5/2012 10:10:31 PM

Works nicely. Thanks!

One added thought - I typically only want the stocks themselves, and not the volume, last trade or % chg. Ideally I would just get the stocks in a tab delimited .txt file if possible - exactly the way one would enter them into a watchlist. Is this possible?

tomb
267 posts
msg #106549
Ignore tomb
6/6/2012 1:02:11 PM

Glad you like the new format!

Concerning the alternative "tabbed-text" format, does the following method work for you?

1. Open CSV in Microsoft Excel / Google Docs
2. Copy cells with symbols
3. Paste into "Add Symbols" box in StockFetcher watch lists.

Alternatively, you can take an extra step in Excel to create "tab-delimited" symbols.

1. Open CSV in Microsoft Excel
2. Copy cells with symbols
3. Right click in a empty section of your document and select "Paste Special"
4. Check "Transpose"
5. Click "OK"
6. Copy/Paste transposed symbols to text-box or other application expecting a tabbed symbol list.

Tom
StockFetcher.com Support

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #106550
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
6/6/2012 3:11:16 PM

That's exactly how I do it now, but what I was looking for was an output of just the stocks themselves in a form that looks like this:

AAPL MSFT AGG SPY ...XYZ

I'm guessing from your response that this would not be trivial. My goal is to create a simple .txt file that could be opened and used in automated trading systems. The above approach would require frequent user intervention.

Not a problem if this can't be done. Thanks for the improvements you already made.

Kevin

tomb
267 posts
msg #106551
Ignore tomb
6/6/2012 3:19:54 PM

Thanks for the additional details. Actually, it would not be difficult to create the format you mention. Our concern is understanding the specifics of what you are looking for and how we could best deliver that.

If you would not mind sending an example of the desired format to support@stockfetcher.com, that would help us make sure we understand what you are looking for, and see if we can provide the right product.

Thanks!

Tom
StockFetcher.com Support

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Can we get filter results emailed in .csv format?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.