StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Can yall help me out with Fibonacci expansions?<< >>Post Follow-up
jficquette
22 posts
msg #69943
Ignore jficquette
12/19/2008 12:55:56 PM

Hi,

I have a filter that I am trying to test using Fibonacci expansions rather then dollars. I would also settle for using percentages.

My filter is this which is irreverent really but I include it.

set{range1, high - low}
set{atr2x, atr(8)* 2}
show stocks where close above 40
and atr2x < range1
and average volume(65) is > 500000
and close is < open

Now, in the advanced area of the backtester I put in this entry.

"low one day ago minus 2" This gives me entry tomorrow as a long if a stock go's 2 dollars below todays low.

What I prefer is a way to test getting long if it price hits at an expansion of today's range.

So say use the entry for a long tomorrow if the price hits a fibonacci expansion 1.27, 1.414, 1.618 of today's range below today's range.

Also, if that is not viable then using a percentage would be helpful. So say, on todays candidates enter tomorrow if price hits x % below today low.

I also do this for shorts too, i.e days where they are up a lot and I want to get short a 1.414, say of today's range if price hits it tomorrow.

Can you help me out??

Thanks

John

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #69952
Ignore chetron
12/19/2008 6:26:12 PM

clickable.....

Fetcher[

set{range1, high - low}
set{atr2x, atr(8)* 2}
show stocks where close above 40
and atr2x < range1
and average volume(65) is > 500000
and close is < open

]

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Can yall help me out with Fibonacci expansions?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.