StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Coding the first trading day of the week in SF?<< >>Post Follow-up
csupati
25 posts
msg #105381
Ignore csupati
3/12/2012 5:10:44 AM

Does anyone have an idea how to code the first trading day of the week? "Weekly open" is clear but what about the other values like low and high?
Thanks.

aarp
4 posts
msg #108337
Ignore aarp
10/10/2012 7:19:32 PM

At any point in the first trading day of the week shouldn't the daily high, for example, equal the weekly high? This could be tested by picking some stock on the f-t-d-w, finding last Friday's close using 'past data', using a scan that has the phrase "weekly close 1 week ago equal to nn.nn", then adding columns for daily high and weekly high and seeing if in fact they stay in sync thru the first day.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #108338
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
10/10/2012 10:00:10 PM

Dayofweek() = 1

Oh wait ... that's the function Stockfetcher SHOULD HAVE.

The short answer is that you cannot select by day of week in SF.

It's been asked for before, and will likely be asked for again since SF does not seem to want to code this.

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #108344
10/11/2012 8:52:52 AM

Hi Kevin,

If possible can you point us to the multiple requests for this feature? Obviously there is this current thread, and we noticed the references below. However, some of these appeared related to a "backtesting" feature as opposed to what this thread is referring to.

http://forums.stockfetcher.com/sfforums/?q=view&tid=104247&start=0
http://forums.stockfetcher.com/sfforums/?mid=87606
http://forums.stockfetcher.com/sfforums/?mid=98780

Beyond the citations above, we have not found any additional requests for this functionality. We are not diminishing the importance or need for this function, we are just more concerned about your reference to: since SF does not seem to want to code this.

While we try to keep up with forum postings, we have really never seen a significant call to support this functionality, so we are a bit concerned, based on your message, that we have missed functionality that has been widely requested.

If we have missed additional calls for this function, please direct us to these immediately as it will help us determine the need for the function.

StockFetcher Support

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #108345
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
10/11/2012 11:04:31 AM

I requested this previously, as you had noted. Oher than that it does appear that there was not a lot of requests for this specific feature. My apologies for the hyperbole.

As to my comment "since SF does not seem to want to code this" I get frustrated when I see requests from members go months without any support team response (note the date of the original request in this thread). I personally don't like to have to poke at you guys in the forums, but it seems to be the only way to get you to respond here.

I give you a lot of credit for what you have done with the backtesting module - I like that you listened to the members and made meaningful improvements in that part of SF.

These are not our forums - these are YOUR forums, and are a primary means to get real-time feedback on where members feel improvements can be made. Be more engaged here. I would love to have you guys beat everyone else to answer these types of questions.

No one knows SF code better than you do. No one else can create new syntax - we have to use complex user-derfined variables to do simple things, like put a set of BBs on anything other than price. We can only suggest improvements, we cannot make them happen. You can.

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #108346
10/11/2012 11:26:31 AM

Thank you for the follow-up. And we certainly appreciate issues being brought to our attention (or being "poke"d as you indicate.)

Please keep in mind that we do monitor the forums, but our intent with the StockFetcher forums is to provide a user-driven exchange of ideas. When we see specific calls for functionality or error reports, we do investigate and address.

We see your point about wanting us to beat everyone else to answer a question; however, we are very happy when we see questions/issues answered before we can get to them. It demonstrates understanding of the platform and that there are many experts here who can answer just as well (if not better) than our support staff can.

And as always, please keep the suggestions and ideas coming.

StockFetcher Support

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #108354
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
10/12/2012 8:55:08 AM

To close the loop on this topic:

1. What is the answer to the original question? Can this be done with the current SF code?

2. If this can't be done currently with the existing syntax, will SF develop and implement a day of week function?

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #108355
10/12/2012 9:15:11 AM

There currently is not a method to access the day of the week in StockFetcher, either directly in a filter or via backtesting logic. At this time we are starting to investigate this feature; however, at this early point we do not have a timeframe for when/if this may be included on StockFetcher.

StockFetcher Support

duke56468
683 posts
msg #108921
Ignore duke56468
11/20/2012 9:04:16 AM

Stockfetcher.. Is there any progress on this "day of the week" feature. There are weekly filters that trigger on Friday and buy at the open Monday but there seems to be no way to backtest them other than manual.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Coding the first trading day of the week in SF?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.