StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Consolidation Breakouts...? Seems like great possibilities....<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up
SurfnDestiny
78 posts
msg #34739
Ignore SurfnDestiny
1/4/2005 5:02:40 PM

.001 is a little too tight for the slope. I found with the stock TFS that was used as an example, it did not come in as a match until the slope was no tighter than .05 .

I`ve notice one thing: You have to keep an eye on the perspective of the chart gradients. If the stock had some big price fluctuations that are in the time frame window you are looking at, say 3 months. Then the consolidation period bollinger bands will look real tight together. If its been relatively flat over the three months then the bollingers look so wide as make it not look like a consolidation at all. But the bollinger width phrase is keeping every thing under .1 for the six days. I wonder if a phrase can be added to make every chart have the price gradients, no matter what, the same. Like: each gradient is 10 cents apart. or any other value.

SurfnDestiny
78 posts
msg #34741
Ignore SurfnDestiny
1/4/2005 7:32:27 PM

Here`s a variation:

I widened the bollinger width some, and screened out everything with a slow stochastic above 25. when the fast line of the stochastic crosses above 25, that could indicate a buy signal.

Fetcher[Show stocks where market is NOT OTCBB
and MA(7) is less than HIGH
and MA(7) is greater than LOW
and MA(7) 1 day ago is less than HIGH 1 day ago
and MA(7) 1 day ago is greater than LOW 1 day ago
and MA(7) 2 days ago is less than HIGH 2 days ago
and MA(7) 2 days ago is greater than LOW 2 days ago
and MA(7) 3 days ago is less than HIGH 3 days ago
and MA(7) 3 days ago is greater than LOW 3 days ago
and MA(7) 4 days ago is less than HIGH 4 days ago
and MA(7) 4 days ago is greater than LOW 4 days ago
and MA(7) 5 days ago is less than HIGH 5 days ago
and MA(7) 5 days ago is greater than LOW 5 days ago
and MA(7) 6 days ago is less than HIGH 6 days ago
and MA(7) 6 days ago is greater than LOW 6 days ago
and 6 day slope of MA(7) is between -.05 and .05
and bollinger width(20) is < .3 over the last 6 days
and slow stochastics(21,3) is below 25
and close is below upper bollinger(20)
and offset 10
]

rsarno
103 posts
msg #34743
Ignore rsarno
1/4/2005 7:49:59 PM

This appears to be a great thread, and an amazing filter in the making! hanks for keeping it going guys! And thanks for your continued efforts on this filter.

jeez, its like seeing all the masterminds of the universe get together to comprise some master plan .... mwahahahaha

Joules360
30 posts
msg #34751
Ignore Joules360
1/5/2005 12:36:49 AM

Excellent job....now....to set support and resistance lines on the scan so we can set breakout prices ahead of time.... I saw them in the index...but when I added and draw resistance slope (45,15,2) It didnt draw them...you know I am not a programmer...hehe...

Joules360

Joules360
30 posts
msg #34753
Ignore Joules360
1/5/2005 1:05:07 AM

OK.....I figured out that you can add the expressions to your settings and then they work.. add this where the chart settings are in stockfetcher:

DRAW RESISTANCE (10) AND DRAW SUPPORT (10)

Thats last 10 days support and resistance...thinking...that if its consolidating for at least 10 days...it will draw a nice flat support and resistance line...you can tweak it...let me know if you find something better.

Joules360

james549
53 posts
msg #34756
Ignore james549
1/5/2005 7:42:26 AM

I added the support and resistence and the lir to the chart. Makes for a busy chart but interesting fills.

Fetcher[Show stocks where market is NOT OTCBB
and MA(7) is less than HIGH
and MA(7) is greater than LOW
and MA(7) 1 day ago is less than HIGH 1 day ago
and MA(7) 1 day ago is greater than LOW 1 day ago
and MA(7) 2 days ago is less than HIGH 2 days ago
and MA(7) 2 days ago is greater than LOW 2 days ago
and MA(7) 3 days ago is less than HIGH 3 days ago
and MA(7) 3 days ago is greater than LOW 3 days ago
and MA(7) 4 days ago is less than HIGH 4 days ago
and MA(7) 4 days ago is greater than LOW 4 days ago
and MA(7) 5 days ago is less than HIGH 5 days ago
and MA(7) 5 days ago is greater than LOW 5 days ago
and MA(7) 6 days ago is less than HIGH 6 days ago
and MA(7) 6 days ago is greater than LOW 6 days ago
and 6 day slope of MA(7) is between -.05 and .05
and bollinger width(20) is < .3 over the last 6 days
and slow stochastics(21,3) is below 25
and close is below upper bollinger(20)
add column 30 day slope of the lri(60){slope}
DRAW RESISTANCE (10) AND DRAW SUPPORT (10)
draw 30 day slope of the lri(30) on main chart
draw 10 day slope of the lri(30) on main chart

and offset 1
]

With the market in the way it has been there are some interesting results.

Jim

james549
53 posts
msg #34757
Ignore james549
1/5/2005 8:30:53 AM

This one could work also.
Fetcher[Show stocks 10 day slope of close is between -.001 and .001
offset 5 days
]

SurfnDestiny
78 posts
msg #34762
Ignore SurfnDestiny
1/5/2005 4:33:27 PM

The command: draw 30 day slope of the lri(30) on main chart is giving syntax errors.

Pretty interesting filter. Boy... you have to watch that stochastic, when the fast line flips below the slow line...GET OUT!. HE HE HE....

marine2
963 posts
msg #34827
Ignore marine2
1/9/2005 11:32:56 PM

James549, it seems your filter here produces results tempting for the short seller. Many of the filtered stocks showed they went down after straightlining. Your filter would appear to be "congestion" instead of "consolidating". But, still effective.

Marine2

SurfnDestiny
78 posts
msg #35066
Ignore SurfnDestiny
2/4/2005 6:17:29 PM

I have been having some pretty good results using the consolidation filters in this thread. I have been looking for stocks that are in a horizontal price movement with the stochastic on the floor below 25. Also I pay attention to RSI(5) for low values. I sold ICOC for a nice gain yesterday, and today PMTRE popped for ten percent.

I must say though, that I use a free technical charting service for entry points, other than StockFetcher. The service is called best-charts, and the entry point indicators they generate are excellent. Two indicators stand out in particular. One is called a Best Charts Index. I Don`t know what it is, or how they generate it, but it generates entry points that are pretty much right on. Look for a deep swing that will reverse hard. Also the Rate of Change signal they generate is fantastic.

You can download a 30 trial version, that you can renew every 30 days at:
Stock-Anal.com/b-c-trial.exe

The people here at Stockfetcher may be interested in checking out the entry/exit indicators they are using, and maybe impliment something similar here. They are really helpful to a indecisive amateur like me.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Consolidation Breakouts...? Seems like great possibilities....<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.