StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Could REALLY use some help from you Professionals !<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
skanaga14808
15 posts
msg #92110
Ignore skanaga14808
5/5/2010 11:15:35 AM

To Marine2, your very welcome! I've been watching everyone from the sidelines for a long time now. All of you write some pretty amazing stuff to say the least. Thanks to everyone for your support and input, it means alot to us amateurs.
I've got another idea/question on how to look for 2 certain candlestick formations before the White Soldiers, but I have to figure out how to word this so as to not sound to much like a blithering idiot. Thanks again everyone !

Steve

skanaga14808
15 posts
msg #92213
Ignore skanaga14808
5/6/2010 11:43:54 AM

O.K. I've pondered this idea long enough. I just don't know how to code this with the filter I posted earlier. Hence, I'll turn to you professionals yet again. My thoughts are simply this: While the Three White Soldiers show an upward trend, the overall idea is to buy in before this takes place. The 3 candles that lead up to this new trend go like this:
1st Candle: Red in color with a short upper shadow, no lower shadow and medium trading volume.
2nd Candle: Red in color with no upper shadow, the open equals the close of the previous candle with a short lower shadow and medium trading volume.
3rd Candle: White in color, Inverted hammer with a long upper shadow and a short lower shadow. With the close being below the previous candles lower shadow.
I'm reading in various places that with that last candle, the upward trend should begin with the next opening days candle and should continue on into the three white soldiers.
Does this idea even sound reasonable, or has this already been tried? Anyway, I can't code this myself. I need the input of the professionals here. And as always, thank you for your time and efforts in advance...

Steve

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #92250
Ignore chetron
modified
5/6/2010 7:16:25 PM

THIS WILL GET YOU STARTED
3 candles that lead up to this new trend go like this:
1st Candle: Red in color with a short upper shadow, no lower shadow and medium trading volume.
2nd Candle: Red in color with no upper shadow, the open equals the close of the previous candle with a short lower shadow and medium trading volume.
3rd Candle: White in color, Inverted hammer with a long upper shadow and a short lower shadow. With the close being below the previous candles lower shadow.
I'm reading in various places that with that last candle, the upward trend should begin with the next opening days candle and should continue on into the three white soldiers.
Does this idea even sound reasonable, or has this already been tried? Anyway, I can't code this myself. I need the input of the professionals here. And as always, thank you for your time and efforts in advance...

Fetcher[

SET{VAR1A,CLOSE 1 DAY AGO}
SET{VAR1B,LOW 1 DAY AGO}

SET{VAR1,HIGH - LOW}
SET{VAR2,VAR1 / 3}
SET{VAR3,HIGH - VAR2}

SET{VAR4,COUNT(OPEN ABOVE VAR3,1)}
SET{VAR5,COUNT(CLOSE EQUAL LOW,1)}

SET{VAR6,VAR4 * VAR5}

SET{VAR7,COUNT(OPEN EQUALS VAR1A,1)}
SET{VAR8,COUNT(VAR1B ABOVE OPEN,1)}
SET{VAR9,COUNT(CLOSE ABOVE OPEN,1)}
SET{VAR10,VAR8 * VAR9}

DRAW VAR10 ON PLOT VAR6
DRAW VAR7 ON PLOT VAR6

VAR10 ABOVE .5
VAR7 1 DAY AGO ABOVE .5
VAR6 2 DAY AGO ABOVE .5
CLOSE ABOVE .1
VOLUME ABOVE 100000

CHART-TIME 6 MONTHS

]

JUST FOR FUN....

Fetcher[
/* ANOTHER LOOK */

SET{VAR1B,LOW 1 DAY AGO}

SET{VAR1,HIGH - LOW}
SET{VAR2,VAR1 / 3}
SET{VAR3,HIGH - VAR2}

SET{VAR6,VAR4 * VAR5}

SET{VAR10,VAR8 * VAR9}

DRAW VAR10 ON PLOT VAR6
DRAW VAR7 ON PLOT VAR6

VAR10 ABOVE .5
VAR7 1 DAY AGO ABOVE .5
VAR6 1 DAY AGO ABOVE .5
CLOSE ABOVE .1
VOLUME ABOVE 100000

CHART-TIME 6 MONTHS

]

too much fun....

Fetcher[
/* simpler */
set{var1a,low 1 day ago}
set{var1b,low 2 day ago}

set{var1,count(open below var1a,1)}
set{var2,count(low above var1b,1)}
set{var3,count(var1a above var1b,1)}

set{var4,var1 * var2}
set{var5,var1 * var3}
set{vbuy,var4 + var5}

vbuy above .5
close above .5
volume above 1000000
]

skanaga14808
15 posts
msg #92258
Ignore skanaga14808
5/6/2010 9:38:42 PM

Very interesting filter chetron. It looks like the Algebra that I never paid attention to in high school. I wish I would have now though. Anyway, do I need to add my filter that I posted earlier to the beginning of this filter to make it complete? Or just let it fly as-is? Thanks again.

Steve

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #92259
Ignore chetron
5/6/2010 9:56:27 PM

HERE'S THE 2 PUT TOGETHER....

WHICH SHOWS YOU AFTER THE FACT. MY 1 ST FILTER IS YOUR HEADS UP PRIOR TO THE PATTERN.

Fetcher[

SET{VAR1B,LOW 1 DAY AGO}

SET{VAR1,HIGH - LOW}
SET{VAR2,VAR1 / 3}
SET{VAR3,HIGH - VAR2}

SET{VAR6,VAR4 * VAR5}

SET{VAR10,VAR8 * VAR9}
SET{VAR11,COUNT(pattern is Bullish Three White Soldiers,1)}

DRAW VAR11
DRAW VAR10 ON PLOT VAR6
DRAW VAR7 ON PLOT VAR6

pattern is Bullish Three White Soldiers
and average volume(90) > 150000
and close is between 1 and 19
and PE < 20
CHART-TIME 6 MONTHS

]

skanaga14808
15 posts
msg #92263
Ignore skanaga14808
5/6/2010 10:51:21 PM

Thank you sir, I appreciate you working on this for me. I couldnt have done it without your input. I didn't get any results from your first filter today, so i'll just keep watching it to see how things start to play out. Thanks again for your time !

Steve

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #92284
Ignore chetron
modified
5/7/2010 6:33:47 AM

when i ran the last filter, i did not see very many 3 soldiers patterns following your blue,green, and red setup. maybe it is an intraday setup, but i wouldn't expect to see many dailies.

hth

skanaga14808
15 posts
msg #92290
Ignore skanaga14808
5/7/2010 10:40:13 AM

And i'm o.k. with that. After all, if the filter picks 5 stocks and they're all showing promise, doesn't sound like a bad filter to me.
Again, thanks for your help and advice with this. And time will no doubt tell the story of these filter ideas.

Steve

ChizzleMeTimbers
36 posts
msg #92928
Ignore ChizzleMeTimbers
5/20/2010 11:18:17 AM

hey are you guys getting results from this? i can not get hits and sometimes i stumble upon patterns that i think DO fit this when i blow thruough charts at night... any ideas?

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Could REALLY use some help from you Professionals !<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.