DocMartens
3 posts
msg #59333
Ignore DocMartens
1/28/2008 8:35:43 PM

I was wondering if someone could help me with a formula for:

A stock which crossed and closed above the 21ema

Show 4, 8, and 21 ema

I am looking for stocks that have been either trading sideways or have had subtle to medium dips that I can use as a crossover trade

Any help would be much appreciated....

makabootycall
11 posts
msg #59337
Ignore makabootycall
1/29/2008 3:26:28 AM

copy paste this into a filter screen, should be what you want

find stocks where close crossed above ema(21)
and where close is greater than ema(21)
and draw ema(4)
and draw ema(8)
and draw ema(21)

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #59340
Ignore maxreturn
modified
1/29/2008 7:07:14 AM

FYI, a stock which crosses above anything implies that it closes above it. Here is the filter made clickable with volume and price parameters:

Fetcher[close crossed above ema(21)
and average volume(65) above 500000
and price above 5
and draw ema(4)
and draw ema(8)
and draw ema(21)
]

Regards
Max

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #59348
Ignore nikoschopen
modified
1/29/2008 11:33:39 AM

Quote from maxreturn:

FYI, a stock which crosses above anything implies that it closes above it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you could technically have the high of the day above "anything" but the close to be below it, in which case it amounts to "nothing" IMHO.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #59377
Ignore TheRumpledOne
1/29/2008 5:41:01 PM

Crosses above and Crossed above... so close.

Different platforms have different implementations.

Crosses usually deals with real time and crossed usually deals with the past.

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #59381
Ignore maxreturn
modified
1/29/2008 7:22:53 PM

I meant to say if the close crosses/crossed above the 21 ema that means it closed above it. That has always been my experience. The only way to tell for sure is to backcheck all your results or ask SF. As Niko is want to say..."Prolly" easier just to ask SF.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Crossover trades....<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.