StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · DMA(28-14)...Does anyone else see this or do I not get it?<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up
riggs
313 posts
msg #39515
Ignore riggs
12/14/2005 4:02:45 PM

Kornblock -

Before you make dumb statements like that, you should test DMA INTRADAY! It works even better than YOUR "day before" theory. I used Genentech as an example because I made $2,000.00 today from 10:30AM to 2:30PM EST on that stock alone using my DMA intraday. So there goes YOUR idiotic theory. LOL.....

RIGGS

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #39516
Ignore alf44
12/14/2005 4:05:32 PM

max,

I spoke up on the original thread regarding this filter and Displaced Moving Averages in general.

Where were you then ?

Where were YOU Koronbock ?

I never heard a peep...silence !

I USE Displaced Moving Averages myself...just not in the way "riggs" is trying to apply them. I have been using them for years and they ARE very helpful. But, for the record...I DON'T "lag" them...I "advance" them.

Regards,

alf44

riggs
313 posts
msg #39517
Ignore riggs
12/14/2005 4:15:04 PM

Since the market is now closed, does anyone else have any VALID objections? Why don't we all start tomorrow talking about this INTRADAY! For those of you that actually HAVE intraday charting software, let's start pulling up some of these examples that I'm proud and confident in talking about. Since I was able AGAIN to shoot down enemy planes, I will now use this very thread for INTRADAY investing. After I make a trade, I'll share it with all of you right here out in the open, and If I have time, I'll break it down for all of you. So much for "Charts going backword." I can't wait for this.....LOL

RIGGS.

riggs
313 posts
msg #39518
Ignore riggs
12/14/2005 4:27:52 PM

alf44,

After again showing them how BLIND they are, I dought they will be able to answer your question. So I'll speak for them. Maxreturn & kornblach didn't want to get in the middle of OUR boxing matches. Besides that, they knew if they took YOUR side, they would have the Devil to pay with me! And clearly AGAIN, they were over matched. You on the other hand, were a different animal.....

Good day,

RIGGS.

riggs
313 posts
msg #39519
Ignore riggs
12/14/2005 4:44:44 PM

I would like all of you to take a look at (EXPD)on a daily chart. Looks promising right? Now look at the DMA on (EXPD)on an HOURLY chart. Do you see it diving downward? Now look at DMA on a 3 min. chart. So what do you think is gonna happen tomorrow? That's right....it's gonna tank! You can do this with ANY stock! Show me a filter ANYWHERE, where you can predict AHEAD of time what WILL happen. I'm only getting started....

DMA IS THE ONLY WAY.

RIGGS.

greg00623
14 posts
msg #39520
Ignore greg00623
12/14/2005 5:33:27 PM

Riggs-

I've also been following your posts on your DMA filters. I feel they have much merit and I've been using them recently to trade with mixed results although I have only been basing my trades on the 3 month daily chart and waiting for a stochastic cross over and a bullish candlestick reversal(new to all this). Now you bring up good points about looking at hourly and minute charts but I can't, for the life of me, see what your looking at on the minute charts in that it is so tight. Care to expand on this for a newbie. Thanks for all the great posts.

Greg

riggs
313 posts
msg #39522
Ignore riggs
12/14/2005 5:44:55 PM

Greg -

What charting software do you use? Can you enhance the image of your charts? If not, I would highly recommend prophet.net

There you will see the DMA clear as day on 1 min, 3 min., 5 min., 60 min., etc....I dont know if you can see it on delayed 15 min. charts, but I dont see why you couldn't. Btw, welcome!

DMA IS THE ONLY WAY.

RIGGS.

greg00623
14 posts
msg #39527
Ignore greg00623
12/14/2005 6:11:11 PM

Riggs-

Thanks for the reply. Help me out with an example here. I bought VDSI@10 on 12/12. I've been riding it out on the 3 mnth charts. But now looking at the 60 min. and 3 min. charts, I see that EMA(3) and EMA(13) have crossed over the DMA which you recommended as an exit point. But they have'nt crossed on the monthly. Which is more important to heed? I'm asking because a few of my trades started to tank after a 1-2 day climb long before EMA(3) cross over on the monthly. Thanks for letting me pick your brain.

Greg

riggs
313 posts
msg #39529
Ignore riggs
12/14/2005 6:50:56 PM

Greg -

First off, VDSI on your WEEKLY chart is NOT a buy IMO. Take a look at your weekly stochastics(5,3)

When you see both the fast %K and the slow %D traveling in the same direction, that tells me there's more hurtin' coming.

Also, your DMA is not 3-5% above price is it? Now look at your hourly on VDSI. Now by looking at that, I dont see a buy signal on 12/12/05. There is no divergence on your CCI(7), none on your slow stochastics either.

Greg remember, you want to see DMA well above price in ALL time frames(weekly,daily,hourly) for long positions. For 1-2 day moves, you need that hourly to match your daily.(DMA well above price)

The best entry for this stock was on 12/7/05 at the 2:30 session for $9.38. Do you see that 400K volume spike @ 1:30? I look for those B-4 any other reversal signal. By 2:30, your K & D lines on slow stochastics were converging, and CCI(7)was showing nice divergence. Let's look at the trade before that. What was it.....

DMA IS THE ONLY WAY.

RIGGS.

greg00623
14 posts
msg #39530
Ignore greg00623
12/14/2005 7:04:22 PM

LVLT@3.06 also on 12/12. This is one that pulled back on me. Sorry, I didn't mention that I still have to work a day job and have some but limited access to trade, almost impossible to make hourly entries and exits.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · DMA(28-14)...Does anyone else see this or do I not get it?<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.