StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · DMA and EMA 9<< >>Post Follow-up
jrbikes
624 posts
msg #46106
Ignore jrbikes
7/29/2006 9:15:17 PM

been messing around with this combination of indicators, is it just me or most of the charts I look at, when the EMA 9 is below the DMA and the DMA is pointing upward, when the price establishes some support below the EMA 9 and you have a bullish candle and price breaks the EMA 9 then it just takes off, usually for 3 to 5 days, mind you, all I look at are pennies. but I see this in most of the charts, is it really that simple? or do we just make it harder than it has to be?

can you write this filter in that crazy lingo you guys use, I got it narrowed down some but need some help or advice! I call it the V system, LOL, except the V is like this < DMA on top EMA 9 on bottom, price has established support under EMA 9, what do yu think?

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #46113
Ignore maxreturn
7/30/2006 3:08:52 PM

jrbikes, if you can share what the settings are for the DMA perhaps I or someone else can help you.

jrbikes
624 posts
msg #46114
Ignore jrbikes
7/30/2006 5:06:43 PM

I was just using the DMA(28,-14) in conjunction with the EMA(9) the EMA(18) also works just as well. is that what you wanted?

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #46125
Ignore nikoschopen
7/31/2006 3:58:37 PM

jrbikes,

This setup is very similar to the one I've been using for some time. I'm both glad and dismayed that it's brought out of its ashes. After all, who would want to share such a simple and yet elegant system? Food for thought: this system works wonders in a trending market but, as with everything else, ure life would be miserably shortened if this system is applied haphazardly in a lacklustre market that leads to nowhere. Here's my abbreviated version of the system:

Fetcher[
EMA(9) below DMA(28,-14)
days(EMA(9) crossed below DMA(28,-14),10) above 5
count(price 1 day ago crossed above EMA(9),10) above 0
close above EMA(9)

price above 20
avgvol(17) above 300000
]

jrbikes
624 posts
msg #46131
Ignore jrbikes
7/31/2006 10:42:37 PM

Nickoshopen, thank you for your abbreviated version, Bob has taken more of my money than I care to admit,(Bob is the market) so I thought I would try this DMA28,-14 set up for a while to see what happens, it has kept me from getting anxious and buying in at the top of the cycle, I am also looking at combining it with the RSI 2 below 25, any suggestions would be appreciated also! thanks so much!

as214
184 posts
msg #46132
Ignore as214
7/31/2006 11:32:47 PM

Niko,

Thanks for all that you share here. I really enjoy your posts. Can you please post your entrance and exit rules and what you look for. Thanks

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #46138
Ignore nikoschopen
8/1/2006 11:24:59 AM

(1) "...any suggestions would be appreciated also! thanks so much!"

If you monitor the chart of various stocks, you would notice that prices don't shoot straight up once it clears above the EMA(9). They tend to make a "W" pattern, however lopsided it might look, before the true color of a meaningful rally avails itself. It was for the reasons of avoiding such fakeouts and other random manipulations that I added the count() and day() functions in the above filter. Here's an updated filter with another condition:

Fetcher[
EMA(9) below DMA(28,-14)
days(EMA(9) crossed below DMA(28,-14),10) above 5
count(price 1 day ago crossed above EMA(9),10) above 0
close above EMA(9)
close below DMA(28,-14)

price above 20
avgvol(17) above 300000
]

(2) "Can you please post your entrance and exit rules and what you look for. Thanks"

Entrance should be made once the price closes above the EMA(9). However, as I have noted above, you need to be aware of the "W" pattern before jumping to any premature conclusions. Exit criteria is based on the EMA(9) & DMA(28,-14) crossover. Once the EMA(9) crosses above the DMA(28,-14), it's time to unload the boat.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · DMA and EMA 9<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.