StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · DOJI<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up
mktmole
325 posts
msg #70841
Ignore mktmole
1/21/2009 7:41:45 PM

...."Enter the trade only when the very next bar takes out the low of the doji, the demand drying up candle." Does anyone know what he means by his answer? Thanks, Frank

Frank, it should be a "down- day", and Todd means this to be a close below yesterdays close.
Oldsmar: re volume consecutive. No. Todays volume should be low, and lower than that of yesterdays volume, and lower than the volume 2 days ago. He refers to this as "relative volume".

rgds,
mm

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #70846
Ignore chetron
1/22/2009 9:17:07 AM

wkloss
- Ignore wkloss 1/21/2009 6:11:19 PM

I have been using your code for the Wyckoff Candle Volume Analysis for a few days and I noticed that a lot of times it identifies Doji's whose daily volume is only lower than the previous daily volume. In the article, it says that volume on the Doji day should be lower than the volume on several previous days. I interpret this to mean several consecutive previous days. Of course, this is only my interpretation of what the author was trying to say and obviously could be wrong.

Did anyone else think this was what he meant?

If so and if TRO agrees, perhaps TRO would be kind enough to modify the filter.

BTW, I really appreciate TRO and the others who provide filters.

actually, the name of the filter is : "TRO'S DOJI", not : "TRO'S REVERSAL".

wkloss
231 posts
msg #70849
Ignore wkloss
1/22/2009 10:03:07 AM

Chetron,

I agree that the name is TRO Doji. I am referring to TRO's post in this thread on 1-6-09 at 8:29 AM where he posts the TRO Doji filter and it is followed by the Todd Krueger article on Wycoff Candle Volume Analysis. I emailed Krueger and he said yes, it does take several consecutive lower volume days plus the Doji.

The reason I made my first post is that I have run TRO's Doji filter for several days and noticed that a lot of the Doji days on lower volume are preceeded by a higher volume day. I wondered if one lower volume day was enough for a set up and Krueger agrees that one day is not.

My code writing skills would result in a product that would look like it was done by the three stooges so that leaves 2 choices:

1. Use TRO's filter as a first step and mentally scan for set ups with more than one low volume day or

2. See what you, TRO and other skilled filter writers think about this.

Either way, I appreciate what has been developed and posted.

BK

mystiq
650 posts
msg #70867
Ignore mystiq
1/23/2009 2:54:30 AM

Chetron,
I agree that the name is TRO Doji. I am referring to TRO's post in this thread on 1-6-09 at 8:29 AM where he posts the TRO Doji filter and it is followed by the Todd Krueger article on Wycoff Candle Volume Analysis. I emailed Krueger and he said yes, it does take several consecutive lower volume days plus the Doji.
The reason I made my first post is that I have run TRO's Doji filter for several days and noticed that a lot of the Doji days on lower volume are preceeded by a higher volume day. I wondered if one lower volume day was enough for a set up and Krueger agrees that one day is not.
My code writing skills would result in a product that would look like it was done by the three stooges so that leaves 2 choices:
1. Use TRO's filter as a first step and mentally scan for set ups with more than one low volume day or
2. See what you, TRO and other skilled filter writers think about this.
Either way, I appreciate what has been developed and posted.
BK
========================================
i use the criteria:
set{v1,count(volume below volume 1 day ago, 1)}
set{v2,count(volume below volume 2 days ago, 1)}
set{v3,count(volume below volume 3 days ago, 1)}
set{v4,count(volume below volume 4 days ago, 1)}
set{p1,count(close below close 1 day ago, 1)}
set{p2,count(close below close 2 days ago, 1)}
set{p3,count(close below close 3 days ago, 1)}
set{p4,count(close below close 4 days ago, 1)}

doji-up
p1 > 0
p2 > 0
p3 > 0
p4 > 0
v1 > 0
v2 > 0
v3 > 0
v4 > 0

doji-down
p1 < 1
p2 < 1
p3 < 1
p4 < 1
v1 > 0
v2 > 0
v3 > 0
v4 > 0

(-.-)

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #70868
Ignore chetron
1/23/2009 6:56:07 AM

THANX, mystiq

SFMc01
358 posts
msg #70916
Ignore SFMc01
1/23/2009 5:01:19 PM

mystiq: You stated, " I emailed Krueger and he said yes, it does take several consecutive lower volume days plus the Doji. "

Respectfully, if we take him exactly, wouldn't that translate to:
Volume < Volume 1 Day Ago
Volume 1 Day Ago < Volume 2 Days Ago
Volume 2 Days Ago < Volume 3 days Ago

What do you think?

Steve

mystiq
650 posts
msg #70923
Ignore mystiq
1/24/2009 2:36:51 AM

SFMc01 1/23/2009 5:01:19 PM
mystiq: You stated, " I emailed Krueger and he said yes, it does take several consecutive lower volume days plus the Doji. "
Respectfully, if we take him exactly, wouldn't that translate to:
Volume < Volume 1 Day Ago
Volume 1 Day Ago < Volume 2 Days Ago
Volume 2 Days Ago < Volume 3 days Ago
What do you think?
Steve
=============================
--> i just repeated what was already mentioned: i do take it as
volume < volume 1 day ago
and volume < volume 2 days ago
and volume < volume 3 days ago

wkloss
231 posts
msg #70925
Ignore wkloss
1/24/2009 2:19:53 PM

mktmole,

Regarding your thought that the Doji should appear on a down day, I reread the article and I don't think it has to be a down day. There is a link to the article on page 1 of this thread. He shows 3 charts. Two had green Doji's and one had a red Doji.

BK

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #74192
Ignore chetron
5/7/2009 1:46:44 PM

POP

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #74197
Ignore chetron
5/7/2009 2:12:05 PM

NEW AND IMPROVED?????????????

Fetcher[

/* TRO - DOJI */

set{range, high - low}
set{tolerance, range * 0.01}
set{diff, close - open}
set{clop, abs(diff)}
set{v1, count(volume below volume 1 day ago, 1)}
set{v2, count(volume below volume 2 days ago, 1)}
set{v3, count(volume below volume 3 days ago, 1)}
set{v4, count(volume below volume 4 days ago, 1)}

Set{Bullpower, high - ema(13)}
Set{Bearpower, low - ema(13)}
DRAW BEARPOWER ON PLOT BULLPOWER
and add column tolerance
and add column clop
and add column v1
and add column v2
and add column v3
and add column v4

range above 1
clop below tolerance
v1 equal 1
average volume(90) above 500000

]

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · DOJI<< 1 2 3 4 5 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.