StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Daily Chart EMA4 EMA8 EMA21 cross..PLEASE HELP !!<< >>Post Follow-up
jn_fetcher
3 posts
msg #91588
Ignore jn_fetcher
4/24/2010 2:01:52 AM

I 've been using www.stockcharts.com to look at charts of few stocks I know before I decided to buy. I lost lots of money last year due to the tumbled down of the financials, so I'm very careful.
At the stockcharts.com, I set (from top to bottom):

Daily Chart

Overlays Parameters:
EMA 4
EMA 8
EMA 21

Indicators Parameters:
RSI (2)
MACD (12,26,9) )---Default
Wilder DMI (ADX) 14

When all EMA lines cross to the upside (EMA4 on top, EMA8 in the middle, EMA21 at the bottom--all lines merge to one point), RSI(2) hit 70, MACD cross above "0"lines, i noticed it often was a good entry points.

For example, HD stock, when applying all the parameters indicated above, on Feb 8, 2010, all the EMA lines cross with uptrend slopes. On the same day, RSI(2) hit above 70, and MACD cross the “0” lines to the upside. It was a great entry points. HD advanced more than 20% since then.

I am looking for a filter that detects these stocks > $5 with a minimum of 500,000 share that have this pattern within past 3 trading days. Please HELP and thanks so much in advance for your help.

klynn55
747 posts
msg #91590
Ignore klynn55
4/24/2010 8:47:31 AM

search starts here: lot of good reading and an education:

http://filteringwallstreet.blogspot.com/

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #91591
Ignore chetron
4/24/2010 9:24:38 AM

TRY these filters for starters... = )

jn_fetcher
3 posts
msg #91604
Ignore jn_fetcher
4/24/2010 7:54:10 PM

Thanks so much .. I will try these filters..

four
5,087 posts
msg #91608
Ignore four
modified
4/24/2010 8:38:56 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: jn_fetcher

When you post multiple locations with the same request... things get complicated and missed.
In the future please post in one location. Thanks.
Be a little patient while waiting for responses. This is all volunteer and community.
In fact, there are times when no reply will be given.

Thanks and welcome !
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have copied your post and my response from the other discussion (subject: help with a filter).

jn_fetcher
- Ignore jn_fetcher 4/24/2010 1:46:09 AM

Hi I'm very new at this and also inexperienced at the stock market. Hope that someone can help me out with the following filter

I 've been using www.stockcharts.com to look at charts of few stocks I know b4 I decided to buy. I lost lots of money last year due to the tumbled down of the financials, so I'm very careful.
At the stockcharts.com, I set (from top to bottom):

Daily Chart

Overlays Parameters:
EMA 4
EMA 8
EMA 21

Indicators Parameters:
RSI (2)
MACD (12,26,9) )---Default
Wilder DMI (ADX) 14

When all EMA lines cross to the upside (EMA4 on top, EMA8 in the middle, EMA21 at the bottom--all lines merge almost to one point), RSI(2) hit 70, MACD cross above "0"lines, i noticed it often was a good entry point to buy.
I am looking for a filter that can detect these stocks > $5 with a minimum of 500,000 share that have this pattern within past 3 trading days. Please HELP and thanks so much in advance for your help..

four
- Edit message
modified 4/24/2010 11:45:43 AM

jn_fetcher

something to get you started...

Fetcher[

draw MACD (12,26,9) above -.01
draw MACD (12,26,9) below 1
draw ADX(14)
add column ema(8) {BUY at ema8}
ema(4) > ema(8)
ema(4) > ema(21)
ema(8) > ema(21)

open < ema(4)
close > ema(4)

open < ema(8)
close > ema(8)

open < ema(21)
close > ema(21)

rsi(2) near 70
close > 5
average volume(30) > 500000

]

hp722c

jrbikes
624 posts
msg #91644
Ignore jrbikes
modified
4/25/2010 8:39:01 PM

Fetcher[

show stocks where the EMA(4) is above the EMA(8) and the EMA(8) is above the EMA(21) and the RSI(2) has crossed above 70 in the last one day and the price is greater than 5 and the volume is above 500000 and the MACD(12,26,9) is above 0 and the close is greater than the open
]

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Daily Chart EMA4 EMA8 EMA21 cross..PLEASE HELP !!<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.