StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Darvas Box: Anything New?<< >>Post Follow-up
SFMc01
358 posts
msg #108287
Ignore SFMc01
10/4/2012 3:52:19 PM

Much has been written and said about these boxes through the years. Hubert Senters of TradeTheMarkets seems to like them, but, I haven't seen clear trading rules from him. Has anyone here developed a filter that seems to work profitably?

tennisplayer2
210 posts
msg #108288
Ignore tennisplayer2
10/4/2012 4:50:32 PM

There was a guy named Muddy that use to trade Darvas Box and then he had his own system (Muddy filters). I tried some of his filters earlier this year and I could never get the results he got.

VenturaTrader
43 posts
msg #108307
Ignore VenturaTrader
10/6/2012 5:43:01 PM

Here is something I saved from a review in Amazon of the Nicolas Darvas book, How I Made $2,000,000 in the Stock Market." To dupicate how Darvas turned $10,000 into $2,000,000 in 18 months would be amazing. Hopefully this helps.

1). ALWAYS have a stop loss order in place when you buy stocks, about $1.50 to $2.00 under your purchase price, this safeguards you against the huge losses people experience in a bear market.
2). Watch unexpected volume surges in stocks that push the price up, this is a sign that other investors know something that you do not.You can partner with insiders and people in the know with out knowing what is really driving the price.
3). Never sell a stock that is rising in price.Only sell on declines.
4). Watch price boxes that develop in stocks, if a stock is trading at $66 to $70 for 6 months then suddenly goes to $72 it is likely the sign of a new price range box, buy at break outs.
5). Take emotion out of tading set your rules and follow them.
6). Stay away from the rumors and mob mentality of Wall Street, get your information from Barron's weekly and daily quotes, everything else just leads to confusion.
7). Watch stock prices and go with the patterns you watch develop.
8). Look for the break away stocks that will make you rich, trade the stocks that are at their 52 week high if they are growth stocks and if they appear to be breaking new highs.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Darvas Box: Anything New?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.