StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Days since most recent highest high / lowest low<< >>Post Follow-up
guru_trader
485 posts
msg #40062
Ignore guru_trader
1/9/2006 4:08:06 AM

Is there a way to calculate "days since" most recent "highest high" and "lowest low?"

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #40065
Ignore maxreturn
1/9/2006 9:23:14 AM

Guru, the closest thing Fetcher has that I'm aware of that comes close is the Days Since Function. I have pasted the index page below:

http://www.stockfetcher.com/stockdb/fetcher?p=forum&sub=view&fid=1006&tid=34496

The only problem is you must specify how many days to look back to see when a specific event occurred. Following is an example of finding stocks where a 10 day high formed 10 days ago

Fetcher[Show stocks where days(high reached a new 10 day high,11) equals 10]

My guess is you're just wanting to tell fetcher what event to look for during a specific lookback and then tell you how many days ago it occurred. I'll think about this and post back if I come up with something.

Best Regards
Max

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #40073
Ignore TheRumpledOne
1/9/2006 8:57:58 PM

Look at my STOCK DASHBOARD display filter.

You can see how to display what you are looking for.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #40199
Ignore nikoschopen
1/12/2006 5:09:38 PM

Fetcher[
set{hi,days(price reached 52 week high, 100)}
set{lo,days(price reached 52 week low, 100)}
hi above 0
lo above 0
set{diff,abs(hi - lo)}
add column diff
]

The "diff" column shows you how many days have elapsed since the stock rose from its 52-week low to the 52-week high, and vice versa.

I wasn't too clear on what you were asking, but I hope this will help.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Days since most recent highest high / lowest low<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.