StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Demark question (not to be confused with DeMarker)<< >>Post Follow-up
eikstadt
5 posts
msg #88457
Ignore eikstadt
2/20/2010 3:16:24 PM

SF Peeps,
Has anyone attempted to code DeMark Indicators from the Jason Perl Book on DeMark Indicators (not to be confused with DeMarker) into Stockfetcher besides me? This is fairly powerful stuff from what I've observed. TOS has the feature, but will not allow you to scan for stocks in a TD Sell Setup State or TD Combo state...

I've coded TD Sell Setup which is pretty easy:

show stocks where count(close is above close four days ago, 9) equals 9
/* Y' - "flip up" technically, if today is day 9 of the sell setup, 8 days ago is day 1*/
and where close 8 days ago above close 12 days ago
/* X' "flip down" */
and close 9 days ago below close 13 days ago

However, the concept of coding a TD Sell Combo is more elusive. A combo is defined as the above followed by 13 closes above the close two days prior. Each time a close is above the close two days prior, it counts. You do this until you get to 13. Combo day 1 could be adjacent to combo day two, or a week away. All your doing is counting the times a close is above the close two days ago until you get to thirteen.

The issue I'm having is trying to use stockfetcher to not start counting until the TD Sell Setup is complete. And since the TD Sell Combo counts are not adjacent to one another, it's impossible to say when to start the TD Sell Setup count.

Can you tell stockfetcher to do such and such 100 days ago and if a condition is met, start doing the next thing?

It's obviously a complicated task, but I'd be delighted to explain if someone can help me piece something together.

Cheers,
Richard
University of Michigan

wantonellis
155 posts
msg #88460
Ignore wantonellis
modified
2/20/2010 5:22:58 PM

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #88463
Ignore chetron
2/20/2010 5:53:07 PM

SORRY THAT YOU WERE CONFUSED, NO ONE ELSE WAS....

eikstadt
5 posts
msg #88471
Ignore eikstadt
2/20/2010 9:53:52 PM

Chetron,
Thanks for pointing me back to that thread. The first handful of responses were not very useful and I haven't posted much, so I thought it was a red herring. Much obliged for the information!

Cheers!

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Demark question (not to be confused with DeMarker)<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.