StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Does anyone know how to........?<< >>Post Follow-up
marine2
963 posts
msg #114978
Ignore marine2
8/20/2013 2:20:15 PM

Is there anyone out here that knows how to create a filter that compares two stocks against each other, graphically (chart form), that shows visually their relationship between them. Example showing SPY vs GLD on one chart.

Taking this concept a little deeper, show two equities (stocks or ETF's) where their price lines cross and go in different directions.

Looking for equities that are like oil and water to each other. Can anyone write a filter showing this unique interaction between two equities?

Your help on this is always appreciated.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #114984
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
8/20/2013 3:40:59 PM

This is a good place to start - I asked for this multiple times before SF delivered.

http://forums.stockfetcher.com/forums/Indicators/Correlation-corr/95213

If you know which stocks you are thinking about tracking (versus have a filter tell them to you) then you can always look at the ratio of the two stocks and play them as a pair trade. Just don't be surprised when you get SSO and SDS as a perfect pair.

marine2
963 posts
msg #114986
Ignore marine2
8/20/2013 3:48:24 PM

Thanks Kevin for your help on this. Have a good day.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #114987
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
8/20/2013 4:06:12 PM

No problem. There are lots of resources to do what (I think) you are considering ... for me I look at XLI and XLU as an ETF pair that acts as "oil and water".

marine2
963 posts
msg #114991
Ignore marine2
8/20/2013 9:08:21 PM

Also look at UNG (Natural Gas ETF) compared to SPY. It seems like they too are oil and water. Happy investing.

klynn55
747 posts
msg #115000
Ignore klynn55
8/21/2013 8:55:47 PM

here there is a co relation calculator : http://ramtajogi.in/co-relation-calculator/

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Does anyone know how to........?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.