StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Explosive breakout filter<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
Sqwii
160 posts
msg #98944
Ignore Sqwii
2/7/2011 1:29:09 PM

I'm looking for a filter which has these things in common. I will use some charts examples for you too look at for what I mean.

First take a look at chart of "EEE".

If we look at both WEEKLY and DAILY chart EEE had been in a downtrend for 2 years. Then on the bottom in december the chart ran sideways. Suddendly it got a spike late december with increasing volume. I want a filter which should alert me THIS move , a first sign on a stock which has been downtrending for minimum 10 months ( or sideways for 10 months) and suddendly spike up with more volume.

So if there are anyone in here which knows how to make a filter , finding stocks below 10 , market is not otcbb and stocks which has been downtrending or sideways for months and then suddendly get a pop with volume increasing. Thats a filter I want to know.

If anyone so brilliant , please help me on this.

EEE is the first example chart , then if we look at "IBCP" thats the same kind of chart. What I mean here is that IBCP and EEE both had in common a longer term price drop on weekly and daily charts and suddendly IBCP 19 december got a increase in volume and spike up. THAT is the first signal and sign for a filter to show ma an alert.

So thank you all if you can help with this filter.

Sqwii
160 posts
msg #98945
Ignore Sqwii
2/7/2011 2:19:00 PM

Tried out a bit myself and came to this:

market is not otcbb
price is below 10
weekly Slow Stochastics Slow %D(30) has been below 20 last 35 weeks
MACD Histogram(12,26,9) is below 0
MACD Histogram(12,26,9) increased last 2 days

Anyone has any better ? This one gives you stocks in downtrend, but like IBCP and EEE, they had on weekly chart both trends down in a constant matter for months and months.. and suddendly got up

Sqwii
160 posts
msg #98946
Ignore Sqwii
2/7/2011 2:46:18 PM

I'm not sure if IBCP and EEE could be counted as a form of falling wedge pattern, if so there must be some screens for falling wedges both on daily and weekly chart

miketranz
956 posts
msg #98950
Ignore miketranz
2/7/2011 7:12:47 PM

Good post.What you want to do is find a filter that would have caught EEE making it's move on Jan 5,breaking 1.00 on heavy volume after a long low level consolidation.Now you have something worth trading....

mktmole
325 posts
msg #98962
Ignore mktmole
2/8/2011 3:51:33 PM

sounds to me like a 'golden-oldie' from way back in 2004 :)
the muddy ubb Squeeze play

rgds
mm

djones000buck
206 posts
msg #98976
Ignore djones000buck
2/9/2011 5:04:04 AM

Good thread, I feel like this is the one filter we all want to find (and are still here looking for !!)...

I haven't found it yet either but I get some good candidates from this, I prefer rsi as opposed to macd, just preference I guess and this is sort of pieced together from some others that I use. Found EEE about where you wanted it, and it hit fnma and fmcc for me to :-)

Fetcher[

/* rsi strength change */
set{rsivar0, rsi(2)}
set{rsivar1, rsi(2) one day ago}
set{rsivar01, rsivar0 - rsivar1}
set{trigger1, count(rsivar01 > .39,1)}

/* good volume compared to average*/
set{volvar1, average volume(1)}
set{volvar90, average volume(90)}
set{volvar, count(volvar1 > volvar90,1)}
set{trigger2, count(volvar > .9,1)}

/* close to, but leaving, bollinger bands(10,.1) - has to go somewhere from here */
set{bbvar1, count(close > bollinger bands(10,.1),1)}
set{trigger3, count(bbvar1 > .9,1)}

/* define buy trigger */
set{buyvar1, trigger1 + trigger2}
set{buyvar2, buyvar1 + trigger3}
set{buy, count(buyvar2 > 2.9,1)}

/* don't lose the farm */
set{stoploss, low 1 day ago}

/*criteria*/
buy > .9
buy one day ago < .9
average volume(90) > 200000
price > .25
price < 10
and not etf

/*add column display criteria*/
add column stoploss

/* add drawing criteria*/
and draw bollinger bands(10,.1)
and draw buy
and draw stoploss on plot price
and draw wma(21)

]

Sqwii
160 posts
msg #98981
Ignore Sqwii
2/9/2011 7:32:12 AM

argh some restrictions... can you change it so there is no restrictions in it ? Thanks...

Will try look at it

djones000buck
206 posts
msg #98982
Ignore djones000buck
2/9/2011 7:59:48 AM

This doesn't quite match my rsi strength indicator (what I look for) but its close. I am sure your restrictions are with the set statements. Also in the above filter I didn't add any downtrend validation which I included here. I also have one that uses a low rsi as a trigger that i will try to post later...

Fetcher[

/*criteria*/
high < ema(100) for the past 15 days
rsi(2) > 74
rsi(2) > rsi(2) one day ago
close > upper bollinger bands(10,.1)
average volume(1) > average volume(90)
average volume(90) > 200000

price > .25
price < 10
and not etf

/* add drawing criteria*/
and draw bollinger bands(10,.1)
and draw wma(21)
and draw ema(100)

]

bkhurana43
103 posts
msg #98984
Ignore bkhurana43
2/9/2011 8:32:06 AM

To catch situations like EEE, In my opinion any filter should include indicators eg:

MA(3) has crossed MA(20) from below
MA(20) is above MA(50)
RSI(2) has crossed RSI(8) within the last 1 day

Try these in combination with your other choices and you will have results very close to finding stocks like EEE
Please give me your frank comments if possible

Sqwii
160 posts
msg #98987
Ignore Sqwii
2/9/2011 9:13:23 AM

I've tried another one

Price has been below MA(50) last 120 days
weekly slow stochsatics(14) is below 20
RSI(2) crossed above 20

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Explosive breakout filter<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.