StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · FADING THE GAP STATISTICS FILTER<< 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 40 >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #65173
Ignore TheRumpledOne
7/18/2008 10:57:37 AM

Dr. Joe Duarte's Market I.Q.

Trading Rules: Do not take trades on gap openings. Do not take trades if they open beyond the trading range provided in the recommendation, or 2% beyond any recommendation that does not include a trading range. Do not take trades if you are not sure of what the recommendation is directing you to do.

====================================================

Interesting!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #65197
Ignore TheRumpledOne
7/18/2008 6:47:18 PM

The Statistic Analysis of Market Movements and Their Prognoses

http://articles.mql4.com/644?source=mql4email

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #65545
Ignore TheRumpledOne
7/28/2008 3:32:47 PM

pop

RichyF
1 posts
msg #66016
Ignore RichyF
8/10/2008 4:25:02 PM

Hi TheRumpledOne
Love this filter, have tried trading stocks from it a few times with small amounts and limited success. Could I email you with a few questions and ideas?

I'm sure I can be profitable with a small amount of guidence. I need to perfect my entries and exits. (The old "Its how you trade not what you trade" syndrome ha ha)

Richy

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #66154
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
8/13/2008 8:14:18 PM

Post your questions and ideas here so all may benefit.

Just combine "FADING THE GAP" with "MILKING THE COWS" and you can be a consistent winner.

And just trade ONE stock for at least a whole month so you'll learn HOW TO TRADE. Picking stocks is one thing but after you pick them, you still have to trade them. Trading is entering and exiting with the goal of making money.

Hint #1: Only trade long above the open and short below.

Hint #2: NEVER go short when the 30 minute candle is green and never go long when the 30 minute candle is red.

Following those 2 hints will keep you out of trouble for the most part.

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #66155
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
8/13/2008 8:40:50 PM

Hint #1: Only trade long above the open and short below.

Hint #2: NEVER go short when the 30 minute candle is green and never go long when the 30 minute candle is red.

Following those 2 hints will keep you out of trouble for the most part.

You have got to be freaking kidding me Avery! This is how you "teach" people to trade? Is this kind of advice all through this huge thread? Tell you what man, I'm going to go through this thread for the first time, and afterward, I hope you don't mind if I put in MY 2 cents?...Just please tell me you are doing MORE for these good people than that bull crap up above! If you're THAT lazy, or time stricken Avery, why post anything at all?

I'LL BE BACK....

- WALLSTREETGENIUS -

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #66160
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
8/13/2008 9:41:03 PM

I'm going to respect the author of this thread by just saying..."I'm very surprised at you Avery." But now I understand why you've been dodging me...it all makes perfect sense now...guess I would too if I were in your shoes...(WINK)

- RIGGS -

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #66239
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
8/15/2008 7:24:04 PM

Well, after muddling through all the different veiws, advice, and responces...I came away with one common denomintor, and they were the words and phrases "simple," "easy," and the ever popular..."how you trade it!" Well, since the spirit of this thread is all about adolescent trading, I decided to steer all of you in the RIGHT direction!

I strongly urge you to forget all the crap that the author of this thread has taught you, and pay close attention to what I'M going to teach you. Since this thread is a collection of gullible newbies (outside of a few), I will go at a speed you all can understand, and at the same time, profit at the most high.

Again, the author of this thread has failed you in the sense that, trading is actually one of the HARDEST things you will EVER overcome, until you get tired of losing $money$, sleep, & headaches! Eventually with time, you can overcome most of it. So, with all that said, let's get started....

Since all of you have been taught 1st grade trading 101 by a used car salesman, I'm going to have to take you up a grade, and hope you can keep up with a trading PROFESSIONAL!

LESSON # 1.

Daytraders! Never trade against the market! Pull up your 5-day 10-minute charts, (your crayons) and load up OBV, Bollinger Bands(10,2), Linear Regression Indicator(20), and a 100% channel LRC-60 (your coloring books). Now enter the symbol (SPY). Do you see where the S&P 500 on 8/13/08, hit the bottom of the channel? Do you also see the level of OBV? More importantly, do you see where it came from on 8/11/08 when it hit the top of the channel? Are you seeing how this works so far? Pretty "simple" so far huh? Look at the candle at 12:20PM 11/13/08. Do you see how your BB(10) is clearly wrapped UNDER price? Do you also see how your LRI(20) is UNDER price and heading up? THAT'S YOUR BOTTOM!...and that's how you find it! But it all begins with ON BALANCE VOLUME (OBV). That will be your guiding light throughout this lesson.

LESSON # 2.

Now that you have found your bottom in the market, it's time to find the right stocks that have ALSO "bottomed." Whenever you are dealing with the S&P 500, you need to know the right industries that make it move up and down. When the S&P is at the BOTTOM of a channel, you need to start looking for Airlines, Retail, Big Banks, Healthcare, (Drugs & Bio's) and Technology. Then look on their respective ETF's for bottoms around the same timeframs. In the spirit of the ABC's of daytrading, let's then start with (A)irlines...shall we? Notice the EXACT same bottom on the $XAL that you see on the EXACT same timeframe with the SPY? Coincidence? NEVER! Now start looking at the fastest movers in the Airlines industry. They are as follows in again, alphabetical order (ABC's)....

ALK, AMR, CAL, DAL, FDX, LUV, NWA, RYAAY, UPS, and UTIW.

Notice your levels of OBV, and "WHERE THEY CAME FROM." Now since 8/13/08 look what this crappy industry has done in three days. They ALL increased a whole $1, if not $2! And all you had to do was follow the market (S&P). Look at Retail, healthcare, Banks etc....it's the same song and dance people. Nothing more, nothing less. Can THIS be any easier? No friggin' "gaps to fill", no exiting when you only made .10 on the dollar, no doing this "10 times-a-day," and no more..."IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT" mumbo jumbo! Geeze....

LESSON # 3.

Reverse lessons 1 & 2 for incredible "Shorting" opportunities! As easy as "ABC" and 1-2-3....

- WALLSTREETGENIUS -

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #66249
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/15/2008 9:17:04 PM

People please just ignore RIGGS aka Wall Stret Genuis. It's obvious that he's off his meds. He could have started his own thread but instead he is attempting to derail this thread.

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #66254
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
8/15/2008 10:27:48 PM

No Avery, wasn't like that at all. It was like I said...I read this thread for the 1st time, and couldn't believe the garbage I was reading. See, I work too hard around teaching others how to become better investors and traders, to let some techy nerd steer people in the wrong direction. You clearly are NOT a good trader, and it becomes apparent every time you lose control of your lips. Hey, I'm no different, but at least I back it up in every one of my ramblings. You sir, are giving others HORRIBLE advice, and "Niko" tried telling you this as diplomatic as he could, all through the thread. Me?...well, you get no sugar from THEMIGHTYRIGGS.

Avery, your filters and "bells & whistles" are 2nd to none, but advising others to exit trades after only a .10 cent gain is....well, LOL...STUPID! Because....then you DO have to make like 20 trades a day! Like "Niko" said...that kind of trading is NOT realistic! What?...you're the only trader in the world that doesn't get punked by market makers every freakin day? What? You never have to wait for fills? You always have enough cash on hand to make 10 more trades while WAITING for the first 10? You are a dreamer Avery, if you think I'm gonna let you B.S this forum any longer...you're wrong! Until you start posting all these dreamed up trades, you better stick to just making more filters for everyone.

...and do you really think no one will listen to me just because YOU tell them not too? ROFLMAO!!! Come on man...let's start a live thread with just you and me trading in it. You do your .10 cent trading so we can all laugh at your 40 in & outs everyday! Hey, stick to my lessons 1 & 2, and save yourself about $300 a day in commissions pal. LOL...I didn't even touch on that intelligent topic. Don't worry, I spare you that....

- WALLSTREETGENIUS -

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · FADING THE GAP STATISTICS FILTER<< 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 40 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.