StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Filter for daytrading<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
hballa
18 posts
msg #160947
Ignore hballa
3/21/2024 4:06:01 PM

Hi,
I am new here, I do day trade of penny stocks (below $10), looking for filters
=== Daily EMA10 crossover EMA20 on above 50EMA===

Can you please help?

xarlor
562 posts
msg #160948
Ignore xarlor
3/21/2024 5:09:27 PM

StockFetcher does not have intraday time frames, only daily and weekly.

hballa
18 posts
msg #160949
Ignore hballa
3/21/2024 5:38:42 PM

thanks, can you please suggest scanner?

Mansor
78 posts
msg #160951
Ignore Mansor
modified
3/21/2024 6:26:13 PM

I use this scanner everyday. Today KAVL popped up & I use thinkorswim scanner to reconfirm pm% was high as well.
Th price range reflects what works for me. you can change to whatever suits you.

Morteza posted this scanner few years ago here. I am just forwarding so it may help you or someone else.

/*morteza471*/
price is between .50 and 15 and Average Volume(30)above 100000
/*
You have to wait until 6:50 am pst or 9.50 am est In the morning until the stock fetcher update.Pick the one with a high volume and big gap Read the news check to chart and check the float,Set the chart at 5 minutes By 7:10 in the morning or 10:10 in the morning Price should be coming down As soon as Hits a 9 day moving average Or 20 day moving average Which would be middle band of bollinger band and wait for 2 candle or 2 bars to see some support Then buy some And waiting till he goes close to the highest of the day And sell You should get a few everyday of the week Good luck
*/
Show stocks where close is more than 20% above close 1 day ago and price is between .50 and 15 and Average Volume(30)above 100000
set{volx, volume 1 day ago / Average Volume(30)}
add column volx
market is not otcbb
market is not etf
add column Close-to-open gap
add column Open

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #160953
Ignore nibor100
3/22/2024 10:48:05 AM

what is "pm%"?

looks like today it found a lot of stocks with false upward gaps due to SF not yet adjusting today's stock splits.

Thanks,
Ed S.

Mansor
78 posts
msg #160957
Ignore Mansor
3/22/2024 2:57:00 PM

I have a custom column that labeled pre-market % in thinkorswim, it calculates differently than "gap" I think that was also custom. I don't know much about scripts/coding.

Today NVFY showed up on SF & was one of the pm% highers. On my thinkorswim pre-market scanner MLGO, MNRO, NVFY showed up. During RTH after running another rth scanner around 9:56am NVFY had showed up on that one but MLGO & MNRO had disappeared. So NVFY that was the one I was going to for. It was low float, no options, no shorts, & pm volume was 16M. But it never materialized. It went from 3.85s to 3.40s & broke down to 3.11 around noon.

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #160958
Ignore nibor100
3/22/2024 3:38:17 PM

when I ran the filter you posted yesterday, at 9:56am today on SF, it resulted in the following stocks:
NVFY, FRSX,OLTK,MLGO,BCAN,ATER,MBRX, and GOLLQ.

The filter showed ATER gapping up 1,000% when in reality it had a reverse stock split today 1 for 12 and actually gapped down at the open.

However, it has been climbing all day since its low of $2.55 and is currently around $3.80.

Your narrative in the filter comments discusses 9 and 20 day moving averages, but do really mean 9 period and 20 period moving averages depending on what kind of intraday minute charts you are using to trade from?

thanks,
Ed S.

hballa
18 posts
msg #160959
Ignore hballa
3/22/2024 5:40:31 PM

Thanks Mansor, your script is awesome. What I have been looking for is to fetch MA10 crossover of MA50 (same day) for daytrade, so that we can gain some money. I see this script for MA crossover more than 20 days. Not sure what is the purpose of it if we kno20 day crossover. I tried to modify below script to get sameday crossover, but no luck. Can you please help to modify it to get same day crossover?

show stocks where the days(MA(10) crossed below MA(50),30) is above 20
and days(MA(10) crossed above MA(50),20) is above 0

Mansor
78 posts
msg #160960
Ignore Mansor
3/22/2024 10:29:18 PM

"Your narrative in the filter comments discusses 9 and 20 day moving averages, but do really mean 9 period and 20 period moving averages depending on what kind of intraday minute charts you are using to trade from?"

Ed - This filter & comments along with it were posted by Morteza in 2019 iirc. This is not my filter.

He suggested to use a 5 min chart in his comments.

If you run the scanner now. NVFY is the first one by default with the largest volume of 69M. According to Morteza, he uses this scanner to get the highest vol ticker (the 1st one in the results). I didn't know about ATER cause ATER was not in my premkt/rth scanner & it wasn't the 1st one on this SF scanner.

Have a good weekend & I hope this helps!

Mansor
78 posts
msg #160961
Ignore Mansor
3/22/2024 10:37:22 PM

"Thanks Mansor, your script is awesome. What I have been looking for is to fetch MA10 crossover of MA50 (same day) for daytrade, so that we can gain some money. I see this script for MA crossover more than 20 days. Not sure what is the purpose of it if we kno20 day crossover. I tried to modify below script to get sameday crossover, but no luck. Can you please help to modify it to get same day crossover?"

This isn't my script.It was posted by Morteza back in 2019 or 2020. I am just paying it forward, so it can help some 7 maybe someone can modify & make it better.

"show stocks where the days(MA(10) crossed below MA(50),30) is above 20
and days(MA(10) crossed above MA(50),20) is above 0"

If someone can help you with this, it's def xarlor, snappy, mactheriverrat, TRO or Ed. I don't understand SF codes. Plain & simple. Sorry for being a disappointment. :-(

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Filter for daytrading<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.