StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Filter help needed<< >>Post Follow-up
epoch
12 posts
msg #81517
Ignore epoch
10/21/2009 6:41:33 PM

I would like to determine how often a particular stock rebounds after gapping down at open below the LBB(40,2) something like

Open below lower bollinger band(40,2)
Count(high above upper bollinger band(40,2),100) only when the condition in the first line has occured
apply to symlist(xxx)

I suspect I am asking SF to do two things at once.

Any help appreciated

Bill

trendscanner
265 posts
msg #81545
Ignore trendscanner
modified
10/22/2009 11:18:33 AM

This might do what you're looking for:

Fetcher[
set{OBL, Count(open is below lower bollinger band(40,2), 1)}
set{ABL, Count(high is above upper bollinger band(40,2), 1)}
set{prod, OBL * ABL}
apply to symlist(aapl)
draw prod
draw Bollinger Bands(40,2)
chart-time is 1 year
]

In this case, aapl, hasn't opened below this lower BB during the last year.

This filter would only catch rebounds above the upper BB on the same day as the open below the lower BB. It could be structured differently to plot rebounds that occur after the open below the lower BB.

epoch
12 posts
msg #81658
Ignore epoch
10/23/2009 5:56:13 PM

Thanks Trendscanner.

I see now how to do the count function syntax for both variables, but you're right, the occurences may be too infrequent to be of any use.

Thanks again for responding

Bill

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Filter help needed<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.