StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Filter question....<< >>Post Follow-up
miketranz
956 posts
msg #75141
Ignore miketranz
6/7/2009 10:53:35 AM

Can anyone come up with a filter that shows stocks that have the longest day ranges,either in % or $.Must trade over .50 & 1000000+ volume.Also must open either at the previous days close or above for the last 30 days.Thanks,Mike....

mightybobo1
6 posts
msg #75175
Ignore mightybobo1
modified
6/8/2009 8:56:19 AM

The "Run Forest Run Filter" is designed to do something to that effect. Check out that thread.

miketranz
956 posts
msg #75182
Ignore miketranz
6/8/2009 11:49:28 AM

I'll ck that tread out.The one thing I'm after is finding stocks that open either at or above the previous days close and have the ability to run.If this new system I'm working on clicks,I'll be more than happy to share.Chet or maybe the Rump himself could help me out with this one.Thanks,Mike......

13th_floor
724 posts
msg #75191
Ignore 13th_floor
6/8/2009 6:45:24 PM

In it's simplest and best form..I just scan for the highest dayrangers and go on green(open above yesterdays close) if the volume is there

miketranz
956 posts
msg #75195
Ignore miketranz
6/8/2009 7:42:54 PM

13th,are you day trading or swing trading? Where and when are you entering?Are you entering even on a gap up? Where are you stopping out on the downside? Please let me know the details.Thanks.Mike..

13th_floor
724 posts
msg #75250
Ignore 13th_floor
6/10/2009 7:24:02 PM

I only daytrade...ONE of the best angles I use is the simple red to green hit on the high dayrangers..
If you have the dayrangers list for this week you'd see XTNT was the 5th highest in the universe of stocks over $1..
So when it does this at 1.17 today...

[Wed Jun 10_10:16:24 EDT 2009] Muddy: XTNT green touch,been beat

I jump it..simple and it's been posted here dozens of times how these are played,after it runs to 1.69 I get out at 1.50 for 28%...nothing really huge but I do it over and over,on ones just like these,,,and that's just only one way to play these dayrangers

hth

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Filter question....<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.