StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Filter to screen for exact ranges of OPTION strke prices<< >>Post Follow-up
acfncp3
59 posts
msg #71127
Ignore acfncp3
modified
2/2/2009 7:42:28 AM

I have been wriing against a position to adjust if it goes in the wrong direction. This is best done when the original entry is near a strike price which comes in increments of 5. Is there a way to add a filter to the great ones here that will select stocks that are in a particular range. The simple answer I've been using is for example: close is between 30 and 31 etc.. But it would be great to filter for a group such as: close between 30 and 31 and/or 35 and 36 and/or 40 and 41 etc.. I looked for an OR statement in SF but could not find it. I think this would be be very helpful to option traders who adjust positions when things go bad, as they often do.

Thanks

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #71128
Ignore chetron
2/2/2009 9:16:15 AM

TRY THIS OUT

acfncp3
59 posts
msg #71136
Ignore acfncp3
2/2/2009 4:54:33 PM

Wow it's amazing you wrote this so many yrs ago. I got it to work for two sets but can't seem to work it out for three. I guess I don't understand exactly how to use sets here. This is what I tried to do. If you can show me how to string these sets I'd really appreciate it.

/* Permission to publish or post on any other forum DENIED */
/* ----------------------------------------------------------------*/
set{A, count(close between 30 and 31, 1)}
set{B, count(close between 40 and 41, 1)}
set{C, count(close between 50 and 51, 1)}
set{OR1, A + B+C} show stocks where OR1 above 0

It works for a set{OR1, A+B) but not for A+B+C

Thanks

welliott111
98 posts
msg #71137
Ignore welliott111
2/2/2009 5:07:53 PM

Fetcher[
set{A, count(close between 30 and 31, 1)}
set{B, count(close between 40 and 41, 1)}
set{C, count(close between 50 and 51, 1)}
set{var1, A + B}
set{OR1,var1 + c}

show stocks where OR1 above 0
]

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Filter to screen for exact ranges of OPTION strke prices<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.