StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Furious Thug! your elder ray defense 6-20-08<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
mystiq
650 posts
msg #67128
Ignore mystiq
9/10/2008 5:12:53 AM

4 option trading- basically find stocks with either UP or DOWN movements pending - then find the ones with decent volume- then that are optionable- then that have HIGH HIST VOLATILITY (>70)- then that have LOW IMPLIED VOLATILITY- then purchase option(PUT/CALL) that the STRIKE price is within reach within your specified time period. Happy trading....working to build filter to find bottom/top optionable stocks for simple LONGS & SHORTS.
will post filter when the bugs are out.... ;-]

FuriousThug
256 posts
msg #67135
Ignore FuriousThug
9/10/2008 9:10:30 AM

Yes.
BIDU has been a cash cow with those criteria...and, additionally, it's behaved fairly orderly (had a downward breakout from a symmetrical triangle a week ago). Daily swings trading a single call or put contract can yield more than $1k if you buy at the right moment intraday (I've had luck with the 9:50am reversal period).
Higher priced stocks (in general) that move are a bit easier to work with (I've found) but option premium is considerable higher. However, you can also make a bundle on the schizophrenia that is the market today on the LEHs and MBIs...you just need to purchase more contracts as premiums are pretty low (from a swing trading perspective--just my observation)...spreads are really tight too.

FuriousThug
256 posts
msg #67138
Ignore FuriousThug
9/10/2008 10:02:34 AM

Incidentally, Mystiq...where do you look for signals? BB squeezes? RC touches?

mystiq
650 posts
msg #67157
Ignore mystiq
9/11/2008 3:22:41 AM

FT-
i use RIGGS/TRO/13th? posted bottom filters for signals and reverse them for PUTS..
but the best indicator is your eyes...projection oscillator/ and any leading reversal indicators you are comfortable with.
will post bottom filter when bugs are extracted....

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Furious Thug! your elder ray defense 6-20-08<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.