StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Gap Up Filter ?<< >>Post Follow-up
trades2cash
4 posts
msg #55348
Ignore trades2cash
9/28/2007 7:02:04 PM

I was just wandering if anyone knew how i could create a filter that picked stocks that had gapped up from the previous days close. Thanks for any help signed New to filters

dccolt
19 posts
msg #55351
Ignore dccolt
9/28/2007 7:41:38 PM

Fetcher[show stocks where open is more than 1% above high 1 day ago]

Change the % to get back whatever amount of gap up you want.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #55366
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
9/29/2007 1:02:49 PM

Fetcher[
/* gapped up */

open above close 1 day ago
]

Search for my GAP STATISTICS FILTER and you will find what you are really looking for.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #55398
Ignore nikoschopen
9/30/2007 4:33:42 AM

Try adding the "gap" expression literally in ure filter (eg. "gap above x" where x is a number in percent). The below filter will find stocks that gapped up over 2%. Change the price and volume as you see fit.

Fetcher[
gap above 2
close above 20
avgvol(50) above 500000
add column gap{gap}
]

trades2cash
4 posts
msg #55415
Ignore trades2cash
9/30/2007 4:26:06 PM

thanks alot guys. That was what i was looking for. Once again thak you

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Gap Up Filter ?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.