StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · HOW TO NORMALIZE STOCKFETCHER INDICATORS.<< >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #37357
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/7/2005 11:53:55 PM

Here's an example of how to normal the value of momemtum(12) on a scale from 0 - 100:

set{morng, momentum(12) 100 day high - momentum(12) 100 day low}
set{mopct, morng * .01}
set{mocon, momentum(12) - momentum(12) 100 day low}
set{moval, mocon / mopct }

This can be used to compare one indicator against one or more other indicators.

For example, RSI is already normalized but Momentum(12) isn't but after normalization you can compare RSI(2) to Momentum(12).

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

Thanks again to my good buddy, CEGIS, for helping me with this.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #37605
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/23/2005 4:42:29 PM

THANKS TO STOCKFETCHER, YOU DON'T HAVE TO USE THE CODE I WROTE ABOVE.

THE INDPOSITION REPLACES IT!

/* NORMALIZE accumulation distribution */

set{adval, INDPOSITION(accumulation distribution, 60) }

/* NORMALIZE momentum(12) */

set{moval, INDPOSITION(momentum(12), 60) }

/* NORMALIZE williams %r(10) */

set{wrval, INDPOSITION(williams %r(10), 60) }

Though the value is between 0 and 1 rather than 0 and 100.

THANKS AGAIN STOCKFETCHER!!!

joseph
15 posts
msg #37675
Ignore joseph
8/27/2005 10:10:05 AM

Thanks RumpledOne nice filter again,just marvelous,and the fact is know is a good time to use a filter with indposition crossover using stochastics or williams %R to show stocks indicating nice relative strenght against the NASDQ,there could be some nice reversals upward here. God Bless Joe

da-net
55 posts
msg #37676
Ignore da-net
8/27/2005 10:58:30 AM

Hi TRO,

Ever thought of putting all your filters, etc into a book annotating them and then selling them?

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #37678
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/27/2005 11:21:10 AM

da-net:

I decided against SELLING anything when it comes to trading for the simple reason that the usual question that comes to mind is:

"IF IT WAS ANY GOOD, THEN HOW COME HE ISN'T RICH AND SITTING ON A BEACH IN A TROPICAL LOCATION?"

I know that's what I think everytime I get a piece of mail, see a trading ad on TV or see a trading system book at the store.

So instead, I pay it back and pay it forward... You get them for free.

But if you would like to thank me at Xmas, it would be appreciated. I can alway use STATE-OF-THE-ART computer equipment. So Circuit City, BestBuy, CompUSA, etc... gift cards are accepted graciously...lol

If you need my mailing address, just email me. :)

P.S. I was going to write a book but when I saw ONE SHOT, ONE KILL TRADING uses RSI(3), I figured the book I wanted to write, RSI(2) THE LITTLE INDICATOR THAT COULD may look like a "rip-off". I started the GRIDIRON DAY TRADING STRATEGY book but decided that it would make a better magazine article. Time will tell.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #37776
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/2/2005 1:16:55 PM

set{adval, INDPOSITION(accumulation distribution, 60) * 100 }

/* NORMALIZE momentum(12) */

set{moval, INDPOSITION(momentum(12), 60) * 100 }

/* NORMALIZE williams %r(10) */

set{wrval, INDPOSITION(williams %r(10), 60) * 100 }

The values need to be between 0 - 100 to really be normalized.

Just use this simple filter:

Fetcher[
set{adval, INDPOSITION(accumulation distribution, 60) * 100 }
/* selection criteria */
adval below 1
/* Price and volume selection - change to your liking */
price above 20
volume above 1000000
/* display */
add column adval
sort columm 5 ascending
]

This will find all the bottom fish.

Then just wait for them to pop!

Make sure you WAIT because they could go lower before they pop.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · HOW TO NORMALIZE STOCKFETCHER INDICATORS.<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.